August 22nd, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in
2.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from
FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from any HTTP URL.
– use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result
directly in FileMaker Pro
– use the GET command to retrieve data
– use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
– get access to password protected web pages
– encode text into HTTP format
– get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
– send cookies with a request
– show a custom progress dialog during the retrieval (Mac OS only)
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
– fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
– get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
– automatically add information to listings and online databases
– search the Internet for terms or other specific items
– get the time of your city
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 2.0.1?
Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.1 adds these new functions and features:
– Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
– (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on
PowerPC and Intel Macs.
– Added “-ExtraImageCheck” switch to the TURL_Get and TURL_Post
functions. This will make the plug-in do extra checking on the
returned data if the data might be an image after all even if the
image on the web site doesn’t have a .png or .gif extension.
– Added new function: TURL_GetLastProperties, to retrieve the last
image properties: image type, image height and width.
– Added switch -ReturnDataAfterError to TURL_Get and TURL_Post
functions. This will return the error code followed by the data.
Useful for debugging when partial data is returned.
– The plug-in now has better error recovery.
– Improved file type checking for images, especially GIFs, in the
TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions.
– Added sanity checks to the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions. The
plug-in now checks if returned images are corrupt or invalid. If this
is the case error $$-4247 is returned. This can prevent FileMaker
from hanging on the invalid image.
Since the beta we added the user guide and example files and fixed
some bugs too. This plug-in complements the web viewer to get all
sorts of data from the Internet. We invite you to test drive the new
functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
(http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html). Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.1
works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The plug-in can also be used
with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer 7 or by FileMaker
Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in is available for
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher
(Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service pack 2). Licenses cost US$
59 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts
can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after March 1st,
2005, are free. Eligible users have been sent a new registration
string. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before March 1st, 2005, are available
starting from US$ 19 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can
be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: