Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta3 for Mac OS X is Now Available!
Parallels is proud to release the Beta3 version of Parallels Workstation
2.1 for Mac OS X! Thanks to our 25,000+ Beta testers and millions of
supporters worldwide, we were able to fix several Beta1 issues and produce
an even higher-performing, more stable version of the industry’s first
virtualization solution for Intel-Powered Macs!
Major Beta3 Fixes Include:
– No need to reinstall Parallels Workstation if its moved from the default
– Mac OS X no longer restarts when Parallels Workstation is left running
and host wakes up from “Sleep” mode
– Kernel no longer panics when working with several VMs
– Improved speed and performance
– Idling guest OS now consumes only 1-2% of CPU power
– Bridged networking issues fixed
– Sound support introduced
– Improved wi-fi support (especially for MacBook pros)
– Improved mouse synchronization tool
– Keyboard mapping and repeating bugs fixed
– CD/DVD problems fixed
– Many other minor bug fixes
Key Features in Workstation 2.1 for Mac OS X Beta3
– Broad OS Support:
Use any version of Windows (3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, 2003), any
Linux distribution, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2, eComStation, or MS-DOS in
secure virtual machines running alongside Mac OS X.
– Great Performance:
Driven by full support for dual-core processors and Intel Virtualization
Technology (included in almost every new Intel-powered Mac), virtual
machines created using Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta offer near-native
performance and rock-solid stability.
– Unmatched Ease of Use:
Download the program and install it with a single click. Build a virtual
machine in seconds using helpful wizards. Configure virtual machines using
a simple web-inspired interface.
– Works on any Intel-powered Mac:
Any Intel Powered Macintosh running OS X 10.4.4 or higher is compatible
with Parallels Workstation 2.1.
– Do NOT suspend your VM when sound is playing inside guest – Mac OS X
reset is possible
– VM is created with the Sound device pointing to Null Device. It is
necessary to point it to “Default Audio” manually to have sound enabled in
– Sound may tremble at the beginning of playing
– Video output is a bit slow
– Parallels Tools installation may not start automatically in some cases
Participate in this important Beta program! Get your copy of Parallels
Workstation 2.1 Beta3 for Mac OS X now!
Share your thoughts, suggestions, and technical issues with the Parallels
Development Team via our online support form.