Troi Automatisering releases URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8
Updated plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8 lets you get and post data and
retrieve images from the Internet.
February 6th, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in
1.8.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from
FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from any HTTP URL.
– use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the
result directly in FileMaker
– use the GET command to retrieve data
– use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
– get access to password protected web pages
– encode text into HTTP format
– send cookies with a request
– show a custom progress dialog during the retrieval (Mac OS only)
– get JPEG and also GIF images directly into a container field
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
– fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
– get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
– automatically add information to listings and online databases
– search the Internet for terms or other specific items
– get the time of your city
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 1.8.2?
Troi URL Plug-in 1.8.2 is written for FileMaker 7 and 8. This release
adds these new features:
– Added new function: TURL_SetProxy. This gives you an explicit way
to set a proxy server.
– Added switch to TURL_POST: “-NotEncoded”. This switch will send
the post data without any encoding for “www-form-urlencoded”.
– (Mac OS X) Fixed a memory leak in TURL_GET and TURL_POST, which
could return error code $$24 and eventually lead to a crash.
– (Windows) Improved proxy handling code on Windows.
This plug-in opens new possibilities to get all sorts of data from
the Internet. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see
what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 1.8.2 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi URL Plug-in 1.8.2 works with FileMaker Pro 7 and 8. The plug-in
can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer 7 or by
FileMaker Advanced 8. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or
higher and Windows 2000 (Service Pack 6) or Windows XP.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. The registration you receive after
paying the license fee will work with version 1.8 and higher as well
as with the ‘classic’ version 1.3 for FileMaker 6! Details on
developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web
site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Product updates from version 1.1 and later, bought on or after March
1st, 2004, are FREE: eligible users have been sent a new registration
string. Please contact us if you think you are eligible and have not
received a registration string. Upgrades from version 1.1 or earlier,
bought before March 1st, 2004, are available from US$ 19 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You
can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: