Vela Design Group releases VelaTerra 1.1 for Mac OS X
November 1, 2005, Berkeley, California – Vela Design Group announces
VelaTerra 1.1. This is a free update for current VelaTerra customers.
VelaTerra is a world clock that is much more than a clock! Besides showing
local times, VelaTerra displays the current level of natural light (bright
daylight, three levels of twilight, and night), moon information, and the
national flag. Users can choose from almost 500 cities in over 200
countries. Users may also define and add cities of their own choosing.
VelaTerra is able to graphically display sun and moon rise and set times,
three kinds of twilight, and detailed moon information (phase, tilt angle,
position in the sky). The graphical displays of this information are very
user configurable and allow easy visual comparisons between different
cities. Users immediately gain a better sense of time and daylight hours
for cities both faraway and nearby. The moon image in VelaTerra accurately
displays the tilt angle of the moon’s crescent. Because this angle can
change dramatically within the span of an hour, it is updated once a minute.
Using VelaTerra, you can:
– Rapidly find any local time in the world by searching for country
or city names.
– Enter custom locations with latitude, longitude and time zone.
– Obtain information for dates in the past or future.
– Create place sets to group sets of frequently referenced places.
– Display and compare the current light (day, twilight, or night) for
– See the current moon phase in your Dock at all times.
– Browse flags for all countries in world.
New for VelaTerra 1.1:
– Added hundreds of cities, including expanded coverage of U.S. cities.
– Added ‘UTC (Greenwich)’ item. UTC is formerly known as GMT
(Greenwich Mean Time).
– Corrected orientation of moon image for infrequent special cases.
– Fixed problem related to saving place sets and custom places.
– Able to automatically check for software updates.
VelaTerra was designed specifically for Mac users and was built using the
Apple Xcode toolset. VelaTerra runs on Mac OS X, version 10.2 and newer.
The VelaClock Dashboard widget, a separate product, makes an excellent
companion product to VelaTerra. The VelaClock widget provides much of the
same information as VelaTerra, but within the confines of the Dashboard
environment. VelaClock runs on Mac OS X, version 10.4 and newer.
VelaTerra is priced at $19.95. During the purchase, VelaClock can be added
to the order for only an additional $4.95. Both are available now directly
from the Vela Design Group website, at http://www.veladg.com.