FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Troi Automatisering releases URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8
New cross plug-in runs native in FileMaker Pro 8 and lets you post
and retrieve information from the Internet.
August 29th, 2005, FileMaker DevCon, Phoenix Arizona–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of the 1.8b1 version
of the Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from
FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data from any HTTP URL. You can:
* use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result
directly in FileMaker
* use the GET command to retrieve data
* use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
* get access to password protected web pages
* encode text into HTTP format
* send cookies with a request
* show a custom progress dialog during the retrieval (Mac OS only)
* get JPEG images directly into a container field
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We are very proud to
release our first plug-in for Filemaker Pro 8 on the same day as the
launch of Filemaker Pro 8 itself. It gives user running both
Filemaker Pro 8 and 7 much more possibilities”.
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
* fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
* get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
* automatically add information to listings and online databases
* search the Internet for terms or other specific items (like in Sherlock)
* get the time of your city
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 1.8b1?
Troi URL Plug-in 1.8b1 is completely rewritten for FileMaker 7 and 8.
This release adds these new features:
* Converted to the new External Function API of FileMaker Pro 7.
* The plug-in functions now have a size limit of 1 Gb per parameter
(up from the total of 64000 character limit for all parameters in
* The function parameters now support Unicode characters (Some
dialogs only support ASCII at the moment.)
* you can get JPEG images directly into a container field
This plug-in opens new possibilities to get all sorts of data from
the Internet. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see
what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 1.8b.1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi URL Plug-in 1.8b1 works with FileMaker Pro 7 and 8. The plug-in
also can be used with runtimes from FileMaker Developer 7 or with
FileMaker Advanced 8. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.2.8 or
higher and Windows 2000 (Service Pack 6) or Windows XP.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. The registration you receive after
paying the license fee will work with version 1.8b1 as well as with
version 1.3 for FileMaker 6! Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order
licenses from our web site.
Product updates from version 1.1 and later, bought on or after June
1st, 2004, are FREE: eligible users will be sent a new registration
string in the next few days. Upgrades from version 1.1 or earlier,
bought before March 1st, 2004, are available from US$ 19 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You
can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001.
For more information, visit our web site at: