Presenta Ltd. announces iGetter 2.4
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 17, 2005 – Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of
iGetter version 2.4 for Mac OS X.
New in version 2.4:
– Included “Add Batch Downloads” feature that allows easy insertion of a
numbered sequence of URLs. This function is very useful when you want to
download files that are split in parts (e.g. file001, file002, etc.).
– Added automatic MD5 checksum calculation of completed downloads.
– Added a custom cookie repository that allows saving of custom downloads
– Added a new “Set As Main URL” contextual menu function at the iGetter
mirrors table for easy replacement of main download URL with a chosen
mirror. This function is useful if the main download URL fails or appears
to be nonresumable.
– Added a “Backup Lists” function for easy backing up of the iGetter
downloads and history data files. In a case of need, you can restore your
downloads or history lists by using the “Open Downloads List” and “Open
History List” functions.
– A new function “Copy Log” for copying of transfer details transcript into
– Fixed transfer details transcript to properly show responses from the
Netscape Enterprise servers.
– Fixed Site Manager logic to properly handle second level domains.
– Fixed a bug that caused incorrect redirection of URLs that included a
port as well as relative URLs.
– Fixed New URL dialog to accept mirrors with user name and password.
– Fixed synchronization of the “Start downloading immediately” preference
and “Download now” option at the New URL dialog.
– Improved handling of nonstandard FTP PASV responses.
– Some minor fixes in Italian and Asian localizations.
iGetter is a full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can
greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading.
In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by
various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low
traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut
down on completion, and much more.
– Mac OS X 10.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it’s needed
to decide if it suits the user’s needs. All registered users will get free
support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
The registration fee for iGetter is $25 US.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German,
Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
The new version 2.4 of iGetter is available immediately for download from:
For more information about iGetter visit: