FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.0 for FileMaker Pro 7
New FileMaker Pro 7 plug-in brings custom Unicode dialogs.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, May 24th, 2005–Troi
Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi
Dialog Plug-in 4.0 for FileMaker Pro 7. Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.0 makes
use of the extended plug-in API of FileMaker 7. Calls to the
plug-in’s functions can now support Unicode and more and bigger
At the same time Troi is releasing Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.6. This
version makes use of the ‘classic’ plug-in API. Users that upgrade to
FileMaker 7 but also want to use the Dialog Plug-in on earlier
versions of FileMaker Pro can use this version. The 3.6 version runs
on FileMaker 6 and 5.x.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts
of dialogs in FileMaker Pro 7. The text of the dialog and of the
buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation. All from
within FileMaker you can:
– show dialogs with variable text and up to 4 buttons
– show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 9 fields
– choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text,
password field, popup list or check box
– show a list dialog or big text dialog
– show temporary flash screens
– show a progress bar for lengthy operations
– position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
– add a standard icon or your own icons
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “I’m very excited that this
plug-in is finally native for FileMaker Pro 7. With the plug-in
supporting Unicode international deployment, for example to Japan, is
What is new in version 4.0?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.0 is completely rewritten for FileMaker 7. This
release adds these new features:
– Converted to the new External Function API of FileMaker Pro 7.
– The plug-in functions now have a size limit of 1 Gb per parameter
(up from the total of 64000 character limit for all parameters in
– The function parameters now support Unicode characters (Some
dialogs only support ASCII at the moment.)
– give your users better and flexible feedback
– show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the dialog
– build multi-language systems more easily
– make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons
and title bars in dialogs
– create a small list dialog when you have only a little list and a
big one if you have a big list
– control the way users type in data: you can, for example, let them
type more than 10 and less than 40 characters
Pricing & Availability
Fully functional demo versions of Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.0 and Troi
Dialog Plug-in 3.6 are available for downloading at Troi’s web site
Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.0 works with FileMaker Pro 7. The plug-in also
can be used with runtimes from FileMaker Developer 7. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher and Windows 2000 (Service
Pack 6) or Windows XP.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.6 works with FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker Pro
6. The plug-in is available for Mac OS version 9.1 through Mac OS
9.2.2, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher and Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. The registration you receive after
paying the license fee will work with version 4.0 as well as with
version 3.6! Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts
can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web
Note: If you just want to use the 3.6 version, note that version 3.6
also accepts older 3.5 registrations.
Product updates from version 3.5.1 and later, bought on or after
March 1st, 2004, are FREE: eligible users will be sent a new
registration string in the next few days. Upgrades from version 3.5.1
or earlier, bought before March 1st, 2004, are available from US$ 19
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You
can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001.
For more information, visit our web site at: