March 09, 2005 – Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of
iGetter version 2.2 for Mac OS X.
New in version 2.2:
– Added a new preview feature for downloaded multimedia files. By
integration with QuickTime technology iGetter allows the previewing of all
finished video, audio and other QuickTime readable downloads (Macromedia
Flash, PDF, etc.) directly in the application. In addition, iGetter shows
all of the available file media information (i.e. codec, height, width,
duration, sample rate for movies and the entire tag info for MP3 files.)
– New look and feel for transfer details transcript. Now, all connection
requests, server responses and notifications are shown in separate color
areas for easier reading.
– A new Speed Limit slider located on the main window for easier adjustment
of the speed limit value.
– Added support of the “Content-Disposition” HTTP protocol entity. Now, all
files downloaded from HTTP servers that use “Content-Disposition” entity
will be renamed properly.
– Added the ability to cancel Site Explorer connecting operations.
– Added the ability to enter a new HTTP download address without a file name
– Added support for FTPS (secure FTP) protocol scheme in URLs. This protocol
uses a FTP over SSL (Implicit or Explicit) connection.
– Fixed a bug that caused improper appearance of URLs with encoded new lines
iGetter is a full featured download manager and accelerator. It’s a nice
replacement for your browser’s download manager.
iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented
downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue
filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling
downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto
hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
– Mac OS X 10.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter 2 is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it’s needed
to decide if it suits the user’s needs. All registered users will get free
support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
The registration fee for iGetter is $25 US.
Customers that purchased iGetter since June 1, 2003 receive a free upgrade
to iGetter 2. For those that purchased iGetter prior to this date, a paid
upgrade is available on our Web Store: http://www.igetter.net/store/ . The
upgrade fee for iGetter v2 is $15 US.
The new version 2.2 of iGetter is available immediately for download from:
For more information about iGetter visit: