December 13, 2004
DropDV Software Releases DropDV 2.0
This holiday season thousands of Macintosh users will receive video
cameras, video recorders, and set top boxes based on the MPEG file format.
Many of these otherwise happy Mac users will be frustrated in their
attempts to edit video from these devices. Want to make these great gifts
even better? Give the gift of DropDV – the software that seamlessly
integrates MPEG video into iMovie and the Macintosh platform.
DropDV handles any MPEG file, including those from:
* TiVo, ReplayTV and EyeTV devices
* Sony MicroMV and other MPEG camcorders
* Digital Video Recorders
* DVD-R Video Recorders
* DVD-R Camera Recorders
* Digital Still Cameras with MPEG support
* Any other MPEG files your may have
DropDV is simple and easy to use. Just drop your MPEG files onto DropDV
to convert them into DV video streams. After conversion, your video is
already imported into an iMovie project and ready for you to edit. After
editing with iMovie, creating a DVD is just a few clicks away using iDVD.
DropDV also enables you to edit your MPEG files using Adobe Premiere,
Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or any other DV video editing system.
DropDV 2 has been totally rewritten from the ground up to give you the
best possible conversion from MPEG video into DV format. DropDV 2 has a
new look, faster processing, a slick Macintosh user experience and all of
the great features of the original DropDV!
* Multiprocessor enabled (new!)
* Rock solid audio/video synchronization (new!)
* Handles any MPEG file (new!)
* A Simple, drag-and-drop interface (new design !)
* Creates projects compatible with iMovie
* Uses high quality bicubic scaling for the best video image
* Full YUV pipeline (no conversions to RGB)
* Converts both video *and* audio into DV format
* Supports both NTSC and PAL output
* Supports MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Program Streams, Transport Streams
* Splits output DV files so they are less than 2 Gb (optional)
* Will convert VCD, DVD and any other MPEG file into DV format
DropDV 2 also includes speedups, bug fixes, and many enhancements.
A free trial version of DropDV is available for download. A registration
key to remove the watermark from this trial version costs $39.99. Upgrade
pricing of $19.99 is available for registered users of DropDV 1.