DropDMG 2.5 is now available.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images. Just drag
and drop a folder or file, and DropDMG will create an image in “.dmg”,
“.img”, or “.smi” format–or a Zip or StuffIt archive. Or, you can drag
an existing image or archive file onto DropDMG to easily convert it to
any of the other supported formats. DropDMG supports encryption,
segmented images, and custom icons, and it can create images with
rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many
time-saving features such as temporary preferences when you hold down
Option, remembering recent folders, configurations to keep track of
popular combinations of settings, and the ability to create more than
one image or archive at a time. All the options are available from
AppleScript and from the “dropdmg” command-line tool.
New in this Version:
* Can now create archives in Panther’s Zip format; can convert Zip
archives to images and vice-versa.
* DropDMG can now create StuffIt X archives, convert StuffIt archives
to disk images, and vice-versa.
* Can now convert “.tar”, “.tgz”, “.tar.gz”, and “.tar.bz2” archives
to disk images (as well as to “.zip” and “.sitx”).
* Added support for “.cdr” (DVD/CD-R master) images.
* DropDMG can create a custom icon for the mounted image.
* You can now save named Configurations_ of DropDMG’s preferences. By
switching between different configurations, you can instantly recall
different combinations of options.
* When you ask DropDMG to create an image from a volume, it
automatically creates a *device image*, an exact copy of the volume,
which is bootable (if original volume is).
* DropDMG now has a system service, which lets you easily create
images/archives from items selected in the Finder, without DropDMG
being open or in the Dock.
* Added **Mount Image At…** command, which lets you mount images at
arbitrary locations in the filesystem, rather than on the desktop.
* Add **Ask Later** option, which makes DropDMG prompt you for a
destination folder each time it needs to save an image or archive.
* Added **Confirm** button to let you verify a passphrase after typing
* DropDMG can now process multiple commands from AppleScript or the
command line at the same time.
* Complete Change List:
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3 or later
Price: $15; free update for registered users
More Info: (http://www.c-command.com/dropdmg/)
Contact: Michael Tsai (firstname.lastname@example.org)