THREE-2-ONE RELEASES MP3 ID3X 3.0.1
The easiest solution for editing information in MP3 files just got better!
Press kit: http://www.three-2-one.com/321apps/download/mp3id3x_press.sit
(2.8 MB, Includes the application and screen shots)
Download: http://www.three-2-one.com/321apps/download/mp3id3x.sit (1.9 MB,
Application for end users)
KREFELD, GERMANY (September 7th, 2004) — three-2-one GmbH is proud to
announce the release of MP3 ID3X 3.0.1 for Mac.
MP3 ID3X (formerly known as ID3X) is the editor for easy manipulation of
“ID3 tag” information in MP3 music files. “ID3 tags” are used to store
title, artist and other information in MP3 files which can then be
displayed in your favorite MP3 player application.
MP3 ID3X still has all of the functionality of ID3X, supporting major tag
formats, tagging by file or group of files and featuring useful batch
The version published today adds full Unicode compatibility, user
configurable search strings for searching websites and additional tag
fields. Along many other improvements and bug fixes, support for
downloading lyrics from lyricstracker.com was greatly enhanced. Last but
not least MP3 ID3X features much faster editing. See below for a detailed
list of changes in this version.
Joerg Pressel, author of MP3 ID3X: “Editing tag information in MP3 has
never been easier, because in contrast to competing products, workflow is
transparent and the user is not overwhelmed by a cluttered user interface.
Advanced users can use sophisticated batch functions or write scripts to
extend MP3 ID3X to their needs.”
MP3 ID3X is a Carbon app and runs on Mac OS X 10.2 or later and OS 9.x.
MP3 ID3X is shareware, a single license is $18 (orders from the EU include
16% VAT). It is being distributed with the help of ShareIt!. Existing users
are entitled for a free update.
Changes in detail since the last version:
– new: Unicode savvy!
– new: Support for reading ID3V2.4
– new: New field “Part of a set” – CD number and total CD count
– new: New field “Compilation”
– new: New field “Group”
– new: Search strings are now fully user configurable in preferences
– new: added play and volume control buttons to the main window
– new: added menu command “Move to Trash”
– new: extended batch script to support fields “Group”, “CD”,
– new: extended batch script by “foldername” and “path” (both read-only)
– new: Encoded by is shown in the file information
– improved: removed pre-buffering of tag information to improve speed
– improved: search for lyrics works way better, runs second query, if
no result was found
– improved: If multiple matches are found in lyrictracker, let the user
– improved: information from lyrictracker.com might be used to fill
empty tag fields
– improved: using the Finder contextual menu on mp3s displays ID3X in
the “Open with” submenu
– improved: Play pane now shows tag information
– improved: Keyboard shortcuts for many commands, shortcuts more
– improved: Order of tag editfields changed
– improved: copy tag now copies a readable text to the clipboard
– improved: Autocomplete now changes the case as expected
– bug fix: no longer crashes when quit
– bug fix: using the mouse wheel scrolling the list now works as
– bug fix: pasting styled text now removes styles as color etc.
– bug fix: deselecting in the list now updates play buttons correctly
– bug fix: Batch file renaming when only the case is changed now works
three-2-one interaktive Medien GmbH
Fon 0(49)2151 319450
Fax 0(49)2151 3194509
three-2-one interaktive Medien GmbH is a multimedia production company
located in Krefeld, lower-rhine area/ Germany. We produce websites,
cd-roms, marketing games and other interactive media.