ALADDIN SYSTEMS RELEASES INSTALLERMAKER 8 PREVIEW, NOW COMPATIBLE WITH MAC
OS X AND FEATURING SUPPORT FOR AUTHENTICATION, SHELL SCRIPT, AND FILE
Watsonville, CA – September 4, 2003 – Aladdin Systems, Inc., a subsidiary
of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB: ALHI) today announced a preview
release of StuffIt InstallerMaker(tm) 8.0 for Mac OS X. The newest version
of InstallerMaker runs natively on Mac OS 10.2 or higher while still
creating installers for System 8.1 or higher (Classic and OS X
InstallerMaker, the complete installation and data distribution standard,
provides the best solution for developers to create complex, professional
installers in less time than competing products. Aladdin Systems’ products
are the industry standard in compression and archiving utilities on the Mac
OS. StuffIt InstallerMaker is a benchmark installation product used by
developers and network administrators on the Macintosh throughout the world.
“InstallerMaker 8.0 brings developers the features they demand on Mac OS X,
taking advantage of the latest in Mac OS technology with minimal effort,”
said David Polzine, product manager.
New to version 8.0
* Runs natively under Mac OS X (10.2 or higher).
* Install to protected locations by requiring an administrator
password. Simply check the appropriate box at build time.
* Customize File Permissions in InstallerMaker’s GetInfo panel.
* Run Shell or Apple Scripts from an Installer for easy customization
* Reuse “Find” results to speed subsequent tasks.
* “Find” partial paths such as “ApplicationName/Plug-ins” to quickly
pinpoint the appropriate location for an installation or update.
* Handle bundles as if they were single files (rather than folders)
for the purpose of updates and upgrades.
* Speed development with new prefab Mac OS X-specific Locations.
Special Programs for InstallerMaker Users
Aladdin Shareware Program-Member benefits include:
* Free one-year StuffIt InstallerMaker license for proven shareware
and freeware products
* Free technical support from Aladdin Systems
* Opportunity for worldwide distribution on Aladdin’s commercial product CDs
To learn more and become a member visit:
Aladdin Space Program-Member benefits include:
* The opportunity to have your software distributed on Aladdin product Cds.
* Future co-marketing opportunities.
* A link to your Product from the Aladdin web site.
To learn more about the Aladdin Space Program, please visit:
Availability and Requirements
Software developers may download a free trial of InstallerMaker from the
Aladdin Web site: ( http://www.stuffit.com/installermaker/ ). For pricing
and licenses of InstallerMaker, contact Aladdin developer sales at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 761-6200 x618. Version 8.0 is a free
update to current registered licensees.
InstallerMaker 8.0 requires a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.2 or higher.
InstallerMaker 8.0 can build installers for Mac OS X, Mac OS 8.5 or higher
with or without Carbonlib, and Mac OS 8.1 with Carbonlib 1.0.4. Technical
support is free for licensed developers.
On the Net: http://www.stuffit.com/mac/installermaker/ Contact:
email@example.com for more information.
Aladdin Systems, Inc: The Leader in Access Management(tm) Founded in 1988,
Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aladdin Systems
Holdings, Inc., publishes award-winning software products, including
StuffIt, the complete compression solution for Windows, Macintosh, Linux
and Solaris. Aladdin’s software offers a range of solutions to increase
user efficiency and access. For more Aladdin information visit:
http://www.aladdinsys.com or http://www.stuffit.com/.
Aladdin is located at 245 Westridge Drive, Watsonville, CA 95076, USA;
telephone: (831)761-6200; Fax: (831)761-6206. For more information about
Aladdin, visit the company web site at: (http://www.aladdinsys.com) or