FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MacCVSClient 1.8 is a free CVS client running on Mac OS 7.1 and later.
There are separate Mac OS X (Mach-O), Classic PPC and Classic 68K
executables of the software.
MacCVSClient has features such as easy viewing of diffs, logs and
annotations. There is a mechanism to ensure you resolve conflicts before
committing changes. A convenient scrapbook window allows you to reuse text
bits while composing commit log messages.
Mac OS resource files can be stored in RBL, a line based text format. This
way they can be auto-merged by CVS and diff’ed like normal text files. The
AppleSingle storage format is supported as well.
In this release:
– Mac OS X version: UI tweaks, Mach-O binary,
SSH1, SSH2 and “local” repository access methods,
new “coo” icons.
– Keychain support (in Mac OS X and Classic PPC, not
– Enhanced file filtering modes in module window.
– CVS annotate and a special annotation window which
combines a file annotation with relevant commit log
– Cleaned up menu structure and introduced the menus
“Sandbox” and “Repository” instead of the old “CVS”.
– Bug fixes and tweaks.
– Updated documentation with SSH setup details for
Mac OS X and Classic plus more various other updates.
MacCVSClient 1.8 can be found at: