Digital Point Solutions has made available two web-based tools for testing
your FileMaker databases…
FileMaker Web Digger
This is a web-based application which can be used to quickly check the
security of any of your FileMaker databases you are publishing via the web.
Currently it checks for the following:
– Ability for anyone to view your data
– Ability for anyone to edit your data
– Ability for anyone to delete records
– Ability for anyone to run scripts
For the best security when publishing on the Web, you can use Lasso or
something similar. Although there are ways to completely lock down your
databases (even from unauthorized people from reading) without 3rd party
FileMaker Server Probe
This is a web-based application which you can use to get a list of files
that are being shared by FileMaker.
Currently it’s able to do the following:
– Determine platform server is running
– Determine version of FileMaker (it works with 3.0 – 6.0)
– Give a list of files that FileMaker is serving (including hidden ones)
This can be used by monitoring systems to determine if a specific FileMaker
database is running (or maybe crashed) on your FileMaker database server.