FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Troi Automatisering releases Troi URL Plug-in 1.1 for FileMaker Pro 6
New cross platform plug-in lets you post and retrieve information from the
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, April 1st, 2003–Troi Automatisering
today announced the availability of the 1.1 version of the Troi URL Plug-in
for FileMaker Pro 6.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from
FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data from any HTTP URL. You can:
– use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result
directly in FileMaker
– use the GET command to retrieve data
– use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
– get access to password protected web pages
– encode text into HTTP format
– send cookies with a request
– show a custom progress dialog during the retrieval (Mac OS only)
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “Cookies and cross platform HTTPS
support were the main features still lacking from Troi URL Plug-in. With
this release you can finally have your secure cookies and that’s no joke!”
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
– fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
– get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
– automatically add information to listings and online databases
– search the Internet for terms or other specific items (like in Sherlock)
– get the time of your city
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 1.1?
Troi URL Plug-in 1.1 adds these new functions and features:
– Added support for cookies. On Mac OS and Mac OS X, this is done
through the new TURL-SetCookies function. On Windows cookies are
handled automatically by the operating system.
– Added support for secure connections (HTTPS) using SSL on Windows.
(Mac OS already supported HTTPS).
– (Mac OS only) Fixed a bug which could crash FileMaker, if the URL
did not exist and the progress dialog was shown.
– (Windows only) Fixed a problem where the plug-in would not return
all data for a password protected web page.
– Updated the user guide and example files.
This plug-in opens new possibilities to get all sorts of data from
the Internet. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see
what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 1.1 is available for
downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi URL Plug-in 1.1 works with FileMaker Pro 6 and FileMaker Pro 5.x. The
plug-in is available for Mac OS 9.0.4 or later, including Mac OS X (10.1 or
later), and for Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6),
Windows 2000, Windows XP.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Updates from previous versions are free!
Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our
web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more
information, visit our web site at: (http://www.troi.com/).