MonkeyBread Software REALbasic plug-in updated to version 2.6
Monkeybread Software Germany releases version 2.6 of their REALbasic Plugin
This plugin adds around 2136 functions, methods and classes to REALbasic.
Growed over the last two years this plugin covers this main features:
* Addressbook classes for Mac OS X 10.2
* Icon handling class.
* Keychain classes.
* WakeNotifier to see when your Mac sleeps.
* Packetsocket for easier socket sending/receiving.
* Window System Tray class.
* URLaccess class for easy down- and uploading.
* IO Registry of Mac OS X for hardware details.
* (Internet)Shortcuts for Windows.
* Mac Font managing functions and classes
* Packet sending Socket.
* Virtual Memory informations.
* SCSI Device list.
* File Downloads using Quicktime.
* Colormatching crossplatform or using Colorsync on Mac OS.
* Mouting Apple Share Volumes.
* Easy Alias handling.
* Usefull classes for Menu changes, Standardalert, File Permission.
* HTML Viewer Control
* Base 64 encode and decode
* Usefull functions like Screenshot, Networkavailable
* Streams for files bigger than 2 GB, Resourcefork and a stream in RAM.
* Endian Functions and Endian methods for the memoryblock class.
* Compression and Decompression of data and pictures including JPEG, PNG
and TIFF files without the need of QuickTime.
* VideoForWindows class to play movies on Windows 95 and newer without
* Resolution changing from Realbasic including fading.
* Monitoring of Events inside your application.
* Access to special folders.
* Serial Port with up to 230 kBit/s.
* CRC calculation
* Several Hardware Information functions and access to the Name
Registry. (including drive serial number for hard disks)
* Extending Realbasics internal classes like Movie, Movieplayer,
Memoryblock, Picture and Application.
* A process class to list the running applications.
* Classes to access the Windows Registry for loading and storing
* Access to Windows’ Environment variables.
* Simulation of keyboard typing (presskey class).
* Creating and resolving aliases.
* SharedObjects on Windows to handle multiple launches of your
* Lots of small utility functions…
You can download the plugin archive at:
Help is included for use with Plugin Plunger, but you can still view the
help in HTML files which come with the plugin or on your website.
The plugin is available on a shareware fee which is $80 for commercial use
and $40 for shareware, freeware and private use. You can test the plugins
for free within the REALbasic IDE. (Support or new versions of the plugin
in the next years after registration are offered for a low update price,
but you can continue to develop for years with the old plugin versions.)
Details on the new stuff:
* Added WindowsSystemTray class.
* Added KeyChain classes.
* Added HexString function.
* Added constructors to Icon Class to remove use of GetFileIcon which
has a conflict with another plugin.
* Added WakeNotifier class
* Added PacketSocket class
* Added Addressbook classes (for Mac OS X 10.2).
* All things should now have a valid encoding.
* RB 4.5.1fc2 fixed a big picture bug on Windows. I verified that the
following plugin functions should work correctly with Windows and RB
4.5.1fc2: PictureToJPEGString, JPEGStringToPicture,
folderitem.OpenAsJPEG, picture.rotation, picture.mirror,
folderitem.saveasjpeg, picturetoString, stringtoPicture, Screenshot.
* Added Icon class.
* Added Finderlabel class.
* Added URLAccess classes.
* Added SoftDeclare class. (e.g. call MachO Framework functions)
* Renamed folderitem.ColorCode to folderitem.FinderLabel.
* Added several fonts classes to list all font families.
* Added functions to active and deactivate fonts.
* Added functions to change the application dock tile image.
* Improved SaveAsJpeg, PictureToJPEG and PictureToString for RB 4.5 and
* Improved system.username to really work on every Mac.
* Shortpath and Longpath now work on Windows NT 4.
* Added a WindowsShortCut class.
* Fixed a bug in Largebinarystream on Mac OS Classic.
* Added Rotation and Mirror to picture class.
* Added Scroll to graphics class.
* Added some more special folders included create functions.
(now over 120 folders)
* Redesigned catsearch object (faster, smaller, easier to handle).
* Added IORegistry classes.
* Added CoreFoundation classes and functions (around 200 items)
* Removed debug tables from PPC Plugins and saved 200 KB.
* Process.Visible doesn’t crash any more if you don’t have CarbonLib 1.5
* Add themes pages to the help.
* Added DDE classes.
* Added DarwinVMStatistics class.
* Added WindowsVMStatistics class.
* Added new Colorsync Stuff.
* Renamed QTFileTransfer control to MBSQTFileTransfer to avoid conflicts
with other plugins.
* Renamed HTMLViewer control to MBSHTMLViewer to avoid conflicts with
* Added PictureToBinaryString and BinaryStringToPicture to store
pictures uncompressed into a string.
* Added palette class and help functions.
* Removed ScreenshotEnabled, because the RB IDE is not handling it good.
Also it was Classic only and didn’t work with third party software.
* Fixed bug in app.applicationfile.
* Fixed bug in folderitem.colorcode.
* Fixed bug in Registry -) DeleteKeyValue.
* Added MacSCSIFindDevice class.
* Added GetStringEncoding and SetStringEncoding methods.
* Added Window.hasborder.
* Fixed Nameregistry class to work on Classic inside a Carbon
* Added GetDoubleClickInterval function.
* Added new G4 chips to system.cpuname.
* Added Mac OS X support for system.MACAddress
(Ethernet Hardware Address).
* Added Window.WinMenuHandle.