Hamburg, Germany, June 3rd 2002
Xnet announces new version Captain FTP 1.3 for Mac OS X
Xnet Communication GmbH, the independent software vendor with core business
in data communication high-end solutions announces the release Captain FTP
This absolutely new FTP client designed from scratch for Mac OS X released
the very first time at the end of December 2001 already became one of the
fastest developed software available in the net.
With this new release we focused the development on both of our main
customer groups. The private end user will benefit from major changes in
handling the GUI. The commercial user will be fond of every day tasks like
changing attributes and keep-alives sessions as well as BBEdit integration.
“We’ve collected all the feedback and requirements of our customers during
the past 6 month and improved Captain FTP in the easy-to-use tradition with
the most important and desired features”, said Mariusz Roznowski – CTO of
Xnet. Please have a look at the release-notes (CaptainFTP1_3rel_note.txt)
for a complete overview on the changes.
Captain FTP is exclusively build for Mac OS X.
Private users still can use Captain FTP free of charge. Existing customers
of Captain FTP 1.2 will have to get a new key for Captain FTP 1.3 if it was
a non-commercial version. All users who purchased Captain FTP 1.2 for
commercial use will be able to upgrade their software without any further
registration or additional costs.
For further information follow links below:
product information portal:
Captain FTP download:
Or please contact:
Xnet Communications GmbH
Phone: ++49 (40) 89702 – 0
FAX: ++49 (40) 89702 – 100
Stresemannstr. 375 / Hs. 11
Xnet Communications GmbH – Short Profile
Xnet Communications is an independent technology centre.
The core business consists of complex solutions in the
area of data communications. Xnet combines standard-components
to provide turn-key-solutions for all requirements in
Xnet is orientated on the industrial standards of UNIX, TCP/IP
and of course Mac OS X. Due to the long experience of our staff,
Xnet has a long and founded know-how in all areas of data
communications: in modern systems, as well as migrating from
legacy systems to the most sophisticated architectures.
Hereby we grant permission to use the message in part or whole
(including message body, Xnet staff real names, titles and email
Captain FTP 1.3 Release Notes
DATE OF RELEASE
June 3rd, 2002
user friendly and powerful FTP client for unlimited connections
This brand-new FTP client for MacOS X is advanced, open and easy-to-use.
It shares tasks between separate threads, enabling users to set up unlimited
simultaneous connections. The time-consuming functions (uploading and
don’t block the system. Instead, they leave it available for user request.
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
– Operating system: Mac OS X 10.0 or higher
Hardware minimal requirements:
– Apple computer with G3 PowerPC processor
– 64 MB of physical memory
– 1 MB free space on disk
WHAT’S NEW IN CAPTAIN FTP 1.3
– set permissions for local and remote files and folders.
– default upload permissions.
user defined file browser look (one or two windows, left, right, reverse).
– edit local and remote files with BBEdit.
– import address book from Fetch.
– import address book from Transmit.
– copy file path to clipboard.
– command execution after reconnection.
– optional keep-alive connection.
– support for Unicode FTP servers.
– support for national file names.
– context menu.
– find file dialog improvements.
– get info dialog improvements.
– file date and time displayed simultaneously.
– address book in separate window.
– new file path display format. Option: short and full.
– user interface face lifting.
Major Bug Fixing:
– menu items availability.
– alias files display.
– alias folders display.
– size calculation.
CAPTAIN FTP MAJOR FEATURES
– Especially designed and completely new developed for Mac OS X
– Simple navigation between directories
– “Put/Get” quick button – to fast copy files and folders between locations
– Drag and drop functionality
– Transfer of single files or entire folders
– Compatible with all FTP servers
– Copying, renaming, creating and removing directories and files by a
single mouse click
– Managing bookmarks, quick connect, server and user lists defining FTP
– Calculating the size of folders
– Fast searching files or/and folders.
– Global progress indicator displaying the estimated time remaining until
the end of the transfer
– Stop button enabling a user to stop every operation at any time, without
the necessity of breaking up the connection with a server
– Context menu
– Edit files with BBEdit
Free for private/educational use
25$ for commercial/corporate use
captain, FTP, connections, client, file transfer, internet