For immediate release
The Easiest Communication Software for Office, School or Home
May 14, 2002 – Kanex Group Inc. today released updated QuickPopup 3.0.1.
This software allows users to exchange popup messages over corporate,
school and home networks without connecting to the Internet. The product
website located at http://www.quickpopup.com
QuickPopup was the first LAN messenger released for Mac OS X back in
December 2001. Now it remains the only cross-platform tool for exchanging
popup messages between Mac OS X, classic Mac OS and Windows users. No
third-party accounts setup required that greatly enhance reliability and
security for corporate and school networks. Customers with a variety of
computers on their networks will particularly welcome QuickPopup’s
The maintenance update improves reliability and speed on Mac OS X. Based on
half year input from our Mac OS X customers, now QuickPopup becomes mature,
professional grade messenger. QuickPopup will also work on ‘Jaguar’ – the
next version of Apple’s advanced OS.
Instead of overloading with many useless functions Kanex listened to and
used input from about 700 professionals. As a result QuickPopup has a
selected set of features based on users’ recommendations:
* Any incoming message can be “popped up” on screen indicating its
importance. Or select a warning sound or an icon flash and deal with it
when it’s more convenient
* Incoming messages can be read without leaving what you are doing
* With a single click, keep in touch with individuals or the whole office
* All users are automatically found and their presence displayed
* Use templates and save time typing standard messages and replying
* Data exchange doesn’t leave your network and stays confidential
* Message delivery is guaranteed
* Foreign language messages are correctly handled
* Save and print incoming messages
Our customers came from creative, production, trade, healthcare, legal,
financial and other professional services, education, non-profit and
government organizations. Real-life examples of how QuickPopup is used in
various industries can be seen at http://www.quickpopup.com
No complicated installation, setup or special training is required.
QuickPopup can be deployed in minutes; its intuitive and simple interface
makes it easy to use, even by beginners. Support of such Apple technologies
increases QuickPopup’s own functionality:
* Apple Text-to-Speech – QuickPopup works in the background while you
attend to business and listen to all your incoming messages.
* Apple Internet Address Detectors – IAD recognizes addresses for email,
WWW, FTP, etc. Send any Internet address. Recipients only have to click on
it rather than typing a long string.
* AppleScript – QuickPopup provides a wide range of opportunities to expand
its functionality with different scripts. Program developers can integrate
scripts into programs that send popup messages on a network.
* Drag-and-Drop, clipping files and contextual menus enable saving some
* Apple Text Encoding – Incoming foreign language messages are accurately
* Apple Help and Balloon Help. What could be easier?
Mac OS version 7.5 or later or Mac OS X 10.x
OpenTransport 1.1 or later
Local area network with TCP/IP or AppleTalk services enabled
Availability and Pricing
Download and install the 30-day trial version of QuickPopup on your
network. It’s free from http://www.quickpopup.com/office/freetrial.html
Pricing starts at $15 per copy with deep discounts for site licenses and
All current customers get a new QuickPopup versions at no charge.
About Kanex Group, Inc.
Kanex Group Inc. staff has ten years experience of software development for
both the Mac and PC. Kanex products include a network messenger, MP3 Player
and other useful utilities (www.softwarium.com). Its QuickPopup (previously
known as MacPopUp) provides a cross-platform popup messenger for LANs. The
company prides itself on fulfilling customers’ requests and providing full
Kanex distributes its products through software retailers and cataloguers
and in electronic form via the Internet.