WestCiv releases Layout Master 1.1 HTML + CSS web page layout editor.
Bondi Beach, Australia, 5th April 2002. WestCiv software announces the
release and immediate availability of Layout Master 1.1 for the Macintosh
and Windows 95/98/ME NT/2000/XP
With CSS2, the web finally got page layout. With Layout Master, the web
gets it right.
While hand-coding both HTML and CSS is relatively simple, when it comes to
finely tuned page layouts with numerous positioned elements it can be
infuriatingly complex. Getting a page exactly right can take real time and
Enter Layout Master, a specialized tool for working quickly and intuitively
with HTML elements and the CSS positioning properties. Using simple drag
and drop and powerful properties editors, Layout Master is a complete and
affordable solution for developing web page layouts.
Latest browsers, with excellent support for CSS page layout, are well
established as mainstream browsers of choice. Now it’s time to abandon the
hacks of the past and move forward with dedicated, standards based web page
layout technology. Layout Master brings this another step closer.
With Layout Master developers can
* design flexible layouts using any units, including ems, percentages and
* edit layouts with sophisticated editors, or drag and drop ease
* create extremely precise layouts by nudging elements using the arrow
keys * align and distribute elements using the kind of alignment editor
you would expect in a page layout application
* add background colors, images and borders to any element
* easily add HTML, text or image elements to a layout by dragging and
* edit the appearance properties of a page, including its background
color and image.
* configure their own rulers, guides and grid
Layout Master, producing standards based HTML or XHTML and CSS, integrates
well with and complements your current HTML, WYSIWYG, text and CSS tools.
For more information see WestCiv’s Layout Master site where a fully
featured 30 day demo can be downloaded, and the full application can be
purchased for $49.99. (http://www.westciv.com/layout_master/)
Contact Maxine Sherrin (firstname.lastname@example.org)