For Release On: Monday, February 25, 2002
Taylor Design Releases TextSpresso 2.0b1 for Mac OS X
Taylor Design has released a public beta of its award winning TextSpresso
text cleaner. Version 2.0b1 is the first version to run natively on Mac OS
X with an updated user interface that takes advantage of the Aqua look and
During the 2.0 beta testing period TextSpresso will be on sale for only
$19.95. Users who register during the beta test at the special sale price
will receive a free upgrade to the 2.0 final release.
TextSpresso 2.0b1 is available now from the Taylor Design web site and is a
free upgrade for registered users. Others may download the beta and use it
for free for up to 30 days. TextSpresso can be registered via Taylor
Design’s secure online store and by postal mail.
The following purchase options and sale prices are available for
* Single User: $19.95
* TextSpresso/List Pad Bundle: $29.95
* Site License: $350.00
* World Wide License: $800.00
TextSpresso can be found at the following locations:
Direct Download Links (2.0)
What is TextSpresso?
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner.
TextSpresso includes over 200 filters and can:
* Clean up Internet text, including E-mails and downloaded web pages.
* Prepare text for Internet transport, HTML publishing, and print
* Perform fast, multi-pattern data extraction, such as extracting web page
* Sort text according to user defined sections and keys.
* Convert text files between Mac and PC with highly accurate character
* Hot Filter the selected text in virtually any Mac application.
* Batch filter text files with a fast, multi-threaded batch processor.
* Let you create filters for your own text filtering needs using any of ten
What are TextSpresso’s Awards?
TextSpresso’s awards and ratings include:
* 5 Apples (MacHome Journal Magazine February 2001 Review)
* 5 Smileys (Mac OS Journal September 2000 Review)
* 5 Stars (AppleWizards August 1999 Review)
* 4 Mice (Macdownload.com)
* File Mine Jewel (File Mine)
* 5 Cows (TUCOWS)
* Featured in the Kleper Report on Digital Publishing.
What are TextSpresso’s features?
* Supports Hot Filtering of the selected text within virtually any Mac
* Batch processing of documents.
* Fast, memory efficient, multi-threaded filters.
* Up to 100 levels of undo for each open document.
* Includes over 200 filters for HTML, Internet, platform conversion,
publishing, data extraction, sorting, and more.
* MultiFilters provide double click application of more than one filter.
* Extract Data filters provide fast, multi-pattern data extraction.
* Sort Pattern filters sort text according to user defined sections and
* Users may create new filters using any one of 10 core filter types,
including pattern matching, extract data, pattern based sorting, and
* Users can trade filters they create with other TextSpresso users.
* Over 30 user preferences.
* Intuitive, slick user interface with Filter, History, and Help palettes.
* And much more!
What does TextSpresso require for use?
* A Macintosh or 100% compatible clone with a PowerPC processor.
* Mac OS X or Mac OS 8/9 with CarbonLib installed.
* A minimum of 4 MB of hard disk space for the complete install.
* A minimum of 6 MB of free RAM.
About Taylor Design
Taylor Design is a privately owned software shop located in Oak Hills,
Taylor Design specializes in custom and commercial software for the
Macintosh platform, written using Prograph CPX and Metrowerks CodeWarrior
Taylor Design also offers consulting and web site design services to
businesses in the High Desert area. Taylor Design consults for both
Macintosh and Wintel platforms.