BEN BIRD ANNOUNCES UPDATE TO MACINTOSH VIDEO SOFTWARE
Web site address:
Ben Bird announced today that version 5.3 of his popular Macintosh video
software BTV Pro has been released.
BTV Pro is software for video capture, editing, and stop-motion animation.
It also has advanced features such as timelapse capture, motion detection,
and DV video input and output. It works with any Macintosh compatible video
input source such as video input cards, TV cards, built-in video, USB, DV,
and FireWire video sources.
In addition to a Classic version that runs on Mac OS 8 and later, BTV Pro
has been fully Carbonized to run natively under Mac OS X. It is available
in English and German.
BTV Pro costs $40, but can be downloaded and used free of charge for a 15
day evaluation period before purchasing. Information and downloads are
The improvements of BTV Pro 5.3 over the previous version are:
– DV device control (QuickTime 5 or later required)
– New feature to directly capture a DV stream
– New improved DV output feature
– AppleScript commands for DV stream capture/output and DV device control
– New option in time lapse to capture a number of frames each interval
– All movie files created by BTV Pro can now be larger than 2GB (Mac OS 9
– Motion detection and time lapse can now split captures into separate
2GB files if desired
– Automatic backup files to eliminate the risk of data loss if your
– The Folder Viewer feature can now save and print the thumbnails
– New option to enter a set size for frame captures
– New option to use more processor time for smoother video playback