SendStory, an easy-to-use XML editor running on Mac OS X, is now updated to
version 1.0.4. The first of Softmagic’s cross-media publishing solution
called Project-M, SendStory promises to deliver XML in the traditional
Apple fashion, intuitive and user-friendly. The collaboration among writers
and editors in different languages and regions is made possible for both
offline and online publishing.
SendStory communicates with Apple Computer’s online file sharing facility,
iDisk and any TCP/IP networked server to send and receive the structured
XML story that conforms to the industry standard DTDs or to the customized
DTDs designed with SendStory. Its unique way of synchronizing the document
structures of the multilingual documents makes an easy choice for
international company dealing with the documents in many languages. It also
converts XML to HTML based on the pre-defined style mapping mechanism,
making it an ideal tool for writing Apple Help files and Web page. A
structured XML story created with SendStory can be interfaced to a content
management system for re-purposing of the data.
SendStory 1.0.4 is available for downloading from:
New features include:
Version 1.0.4 – October 6, 2001
1. Added a preference option to select either Shift + Enter or Enter when
choosing the next available markups. The default is Enter.
2. A few main windows now align to center independent of monitor screen
Version 1.0.3 – September 28,2001
1. Speed optimization
2. TIFF images can be converted to GIF when generating HTML
3. Localization into other languages is made easier for License panel.
4. Will check for the SendStory update when connected to Internet
5. Can import RTF and HTML via Import Text menu option and can set the text
6. No more Apple Installer. Just copy SendStory to your favorite folder.
Version 1.0.2 – August 31, 2001
1. Supports DocBook DTD
2. Decrease in file size (11.6MB –) 6.5MB)
3. If iDisk were mounted, SendStory always asked whether you want to switch
the active File Location to iDisk. The version 1.0.2 does not check for the