IWAKE BRINGS CUSTOMIZABLE WAKEUP ITEMS TO MAC OS
Monday, July 2nd, 2001 – Justin Christie and Paul Scandariato, two student
developers on the Mac, are pleased to announce iWake 1.0. iWake is a joint
project originally developed for MacHack 2001, a developer conference held
in Dearborn, Michigan.
After being mentioned in several Mac newsletters and newspapers across the
United States as one of those pesky “”””””””useful”””””””” Yoot (student) hacks to come
out of MacHack, people have started asking for it – so we’ve rewritten it
and added some great functionality. Being student developers and all, we
figured… why not sell it to get us to MacHack 2002?
iWake includes this great functionality:
* Launches files in a Wakeup Items folder whenever your computer wakes up.
* Supports More Wakeup Items, an alternative folder which can be triggered
with modifier keys.
* Modifier keys and combo sets to open multiple folders at once.
* Shift-key abort of wakeup items settable on a per-wakeup basis.
* Automated installer which loads and demonstrates iWake automatically.
* Helpful, to-the-point documentation.
iWake is now available on Paul’s site, (http://www.scandariato.com).
Documentation is included and available on the site. Download it, fall in
love with it, then register for $10 on our secure order site. The goal is
$950, which includes a room we can share ($100/night + $50 tax), two
airplane tickets – one from New York, one from North Carolina – ($200/each
* 2), and two MacHack admissions ($50/each * 2).
For more information on MacHack, the annual conference for leading edge
developers, see their site at (www.machack.com).