WestCiv releases Layout Master HTML + CSS web page layout editor for the
Bondi Beach, Australia, 13th June 2001. WestCiv announces the release and
immediate availability of Layout Master 1.0.
With CSS2, the web finally got page layout. But while hand-coding is
relatively simple for most of both HTML and CSS, it becomes fiddly and
complex when used for finely tuned page layouts with numerous positioned
elements. Getting a page exactly right can take real time and effort.
Layout Master is an editor for working quickly and intuitively with HTML
elements and the CSS positioning properties. Using simple drag and drop and
powerful properties editors, Layout Master is a complete and affordable
solution for developing web page layouts.
With Layout Master developers can
* design flexible layouts using any units, including ems, percentages and
* edit layouts with sophisticated editors, or drag and drop ease
* create extremely precise layouts by nudging elements using the arrow
* align and distribute elements using the kind of alignment editor you
would expect in a page layout application
* add background colors, images and borders to any element
* easily add HTML, text or image elements to a layout by dragging from
* edit the appearance properties of a page, including its background
color and image.
* configure their own rulers, guides and grid
Latest browsers, with excellent support for CSS page layout are well
established as mainstream browsers of choice. It’s time to abandon the
hacks of the past and move forward with dedicated page layout technology.
Layout Master brings this another step closer.
For more information see WestCiv’s Layout Master site where a fully
featured 30 day demo can be downloaded, and the full application can be
purchased for $49.99.