Subject: METAL BASIC v1.61 Turbo
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, July 5, 2000
ZAGREB, Croatia – Galactic Dreams Software is proud to present their newest
release of METAL Basic! METAL v1.61 Turbo is two times faster (according to
the Sieve benchmark) than METAL v1.3 and includes completely new modules
such as QuickTime(TM) support and a fast Sprite System.
METAL v1.61T is a 100% free extended BASIC language metacompiler. This is
the newest version as of 07/06/2000. Get it at our webpage:
One of the fastest BASICs around, METAL (Meta Language) has a rich command
library that features:
– tight QuickTime(TM) integration
– amazingly fast Sprite System
– sound, graphics, speech, math, system and file I/O routines
– readily produces standalones
– extensive documentation (reference & on-line help)
– numerous examples for every type of use
4250 lines of hypertextual documentation are accessible at any time from
the “Help” menu. Also, there is a printable METAL Reference with a small
tutorial and a brief description of all METAL’s functions.
Thanks to the new QuickTime(TM) support, your applications can now use
MPEG, MP3, JPEG, GIF, MOV, AVI and many other file formats.
METAL is used in scientific research around the globe (quick calculations),
in software development companies (for prototyping), in K-12 and higher
education and, of course, by the beginners who are trying to enter the
world of programming.
What’s new in METAL v1.61T:
– Runtime doesn’t crash when force-quitted now
– Search in the editor works right now.
– big number output, like ‘print 2^100’ now works.
– round() function is fixed.
– ‘vers’ resources are added.
What’s new in METAL v1.6T (a brief summary):
– 2x speed improvement
– RunDirectLib subsystem: Direct screen access and Sprites.
– QuickTime(TM) support subsystem
– scientific notation, more math functions
– formatted I/O (‘print using’ and others)
– file managment: copying, renaming files
– file managment: formatted output, improved reading, random access
– resource fork management
****** Download it now! ********
You have nothing to lose, because METAL is completely free! Get the newest
version from the Galactic Dreams Software homepage:
METAL v1.61T will soon be available on all Info-Mac archives. (named
You can also download METAL from its unofficial fan-site at:
Distribution: METAL is authorized for distribution on “free and public
software archives,” computer magazines and Shareware/PD CDs priced at $15
or less. Everyone else, please contact the author for permission. Also, the
author recommends everyone planning the distribution to drop a note to the
Write to the author (Marin Saric) for any suggestions (there is a growing
wish-list), comments, bug-reports, questions, contact or anything else at:
Galactic Dreams Software