FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 2.0b1 for FileMaker 5
New Plug-in lets you manipulate any information on your disk outside your
database directly from within FileMaker Pro.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, March 22nd, 2000–Troi Automatisering
today announced the availability of its Troi File Plug-in 2.0b1 (beta), for
FileMaker Pro 5 (and 4) both on Mac OS and Windows.
What is the Troi File Plug-in?
The Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to
information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files stored on the
rest of the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in.
All from within FileMaker you can:
– get data out of files that are on the disk of the computer
– create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from
FileMaker fields into it
– manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creation,
deletion, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
Peter Baanen, company president, states that “With this beta release we
added a lot of new features, bringing the total to a whopping 42 functions.
All the functions together provide database developers with an
unprecedented powerful toolbox. And we delivered the long awaited user
guide too. We’re pleased this beta baby is delivered :-)”.
The Troi File Plug-in 2.0 adds a list of new functions and features:
– New File Functions: GetAttribute, SetAttribute, Substitute, GetMetaData
– New Folder Functions: DeleteFolder, SelectFolder
– New Hard Disk Functions: ListDisks, UnmountDisk (Mac OS only)
– Extra Security: Disable and Enable the plug-in functions with a password
– Miscellaneous Functions: ConvertToFMText and ConvertFromFMText,
– Extensive 56 page user guide and reference manual
– Enhanced examples in 10 example files
Together with the existing functions the possibilities are virtually
limitless. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what _you_
can do with it!
– Batch import of images, movies, sounds, text files, etc.
– Creating a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
– Updating solutions, by moving database files into place
– Reading and writing custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional beta version of Troi File Plug-in 2.0b1 is available for
downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Note that this is a beta release, there may still be bugs in this version.
Please be careful, save other work first and test this software using a
Troi File Plug-in 2.0b1 works with FileMaker Pro 4 and 5. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS and Windows95/98 and NT/2000. The final version will
costs US$ 39 per user. Product upgrades are available at US$ 19 per user.
Upgrades for licenses purchased between February 20th, 2000 and April 20th,
2000 will be free. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts
can be found on our web site. You can order licenses via our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins, databases and utilities. For more information, visit our Web site
Diana Budding (mailto:email@example.com)
2408 NB Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands