FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CE Software, Inc.
(515) 221-1801 ext. 3025 or (605) 235-1991
Available: June 1999
QuickMail Pro 2.0 client upgrade from version 1.0: $12 per user
QuickMail Office 2.0 upgrade from version 1.0: $13-$16 per user
To download the QuickMail Office 2.0 preview:
CE Software Unveils QuickMail Office 2.0
Major upgrade to popular Internet E-mail software sports all-new
interface and new contact-management features; Public preview
WEST DES MOINES, IA, April 15, 1999 — CE Software, Inc., a wholly
owned subsidiary of CE Software Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ SC Symbol:
CESH), today announced QuickMail Office 2.0, a major upgrade for its
easy-to-use Internet and interoffice E-mail system for mid-sized
businesses. Version 2.0 features an all-new interface, advanced
contact management features, hierarchical folders for filed E-mail
and dozens of other improvements. QuickMail Office 2.0 will be
available in June. A public beta testing program begins today.
Known for its unique “all-in-one-box” approach to business E-mail,
QuickMail Office 2.0 includes updated QuickMail Pro client software
for Macintosh and Windows as well as an all-new version of the
QuickMail Pro Server for Macintosh.
QuickMail Pro 2.0 client software features dozens of improvements designed to
make QuickMail easier to use and more powerful than ever:
– A completely revised interface featuring a new “mail browser” window.
– A new address book that doubles as a contact manager.
– Hierarchical or “nested” folders for organizing stored messages more
– New automated procedures for handling return receipts to reduce inbox
– A streamlined interface for creating MailManager rules and searching for
– Improved enclosure handling procedures, including double-click launching
– Access to Internet and proprietary directories with built-in directory
– Gather messages from multiple accounts into a single inbox.
– Plus many more new features.
In addition, QuickMail Office 2.0 also includes expanded Macintosh
server capabilities such as:
– Unsend a message by canceling its delivery with the server.
– Schedule a message for delivery at a specified time and date.
– Built-in directory server provides the whole office with up-to-date E-mail
addresses and contact information.
– Automatic, server-based storage and distribution of messages posted to a
shared electronic bulletin board.
– Server notifies clients when to check messages even when QuickMail Pro
clients are not running.
– Anti-spam and anti-relay mechanisms cut down on nuisance E-mail.
– Plus speed enhancements and several additional server enhancements.
“QuickMail’s features go above and beyond the functionality typically
expected from an E-mail system,” said Christian F. Gurney, president
and CEO of CE Software. “Customer feedback and an understanding of
what business E-mail users want has helped us update QuickMail Office
and QuickMail Pro to be even more functional and convenient for
users. Version 2.0 is a must-have upgrade for QuickMail users and a
great alternative for anyone who wants a truly easy-to-use E-mail
Pricing and availability
QuickMail Office 2.0 will be available in June. Organizations wishing
to upgrade should contact CE Software at (800) 523-7638 or E-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for an upgrade quote. New purchases of QuickMail
Pro, QuickMail Office or the QuickMail Pro Server made after April 15
are eligible for a free upgrade to version 2.0. QuickMail Pro 2.0
will be available direct from CE Software at $12 for registered users
of QuickMail Pro 1.0 or later. New copies of QuickMail Pro will also
be available for $39.95 from CE Software and through national
distributors such as Ingram Micro, mail-order catalogs such as
MacConnection and MacWarehouse, software resellers nationwide, and
via the Internet at www.cesoft.com.
CE Software, Inc.
For more than a decade, CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary
of CE SOFTWARE HOLDINGS, INC. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), has developed
automation utilities and E-mail software that save time and effort
for millions of Microsoft Windows 95/98, Windows NT and Mac OS users.
For more information: 515/221-1801 or www.cesoft.com.