Subject: Valentina 1.2 – support Japany language, +…
From: Ruslan Zasukhin (email@example.com)
Welcome to Valentina.
Valentina is a database engine which works hundred and sometimes a
thousand times as fast as othersMacOS DBMS (4th Dimension, FileMaker
Pro, NeoAccess), see benchmarks at http://www.kagi.com/paradigma.
indexing – 100-200 times faster;
searching – 100-500+ times faster;
sorting – )1000 times faster.
1. It takes Valentina 68k on the Macintosh LC/68020 31 seconds
to perform the particular search.
2. It takes FileMaker PPC on the G3/233 71 seconds to perform the same
3. It takes Valentina PPC on the G3/233 about 0.4 of second to performs
the same test.
Valentina is available for Apple Script lovers, as scriptable standalone
so it can be used in conuction with RealBASIC, SuperCard, OpenScript…
What is new in version 1.2:
– international support;
– multiple open database;
– fast access to the values of the fields and fast update of values of
– reduced memory requirements for sorting at least on 30%;
– reduced memory requirements per open database from 100Kb to almost zero.
– command: ‘delete records’ (delete all records in the Table);
– command: delete current record of Table;
– command: ‘flush’ (database or table)
1) sort of empty selection didn’t return any result,
now it returns an empty selection;
* up to 65’000 Tables in the database;
* up to 65’000 fields per Table;
* types of fields: bool, byte, short, ushort, long, ulong, string,
date, time, BLOB, ObjectPtr
* up to 4 billions records per Table;
* up to 4 GB size of the database file + up to 4 GB indexes + up to 4 GB
* multiple open databases;
* multi-field compound range search;
* multi-field sort;
* multiple selections per Table;
* cascade deleting;
* import/export from/to ASCII file;
* PPC and 68K versions are available.
US $49, free upgrade to the 1.x versions.