Fog City Software Ships LetterRip Pro for Mac OS
“Fast and easy” way to run mailing lists and send large mailings is now
Capitola, Calif., March 5, 1998 — Fog City Software has announced the
immediate availability of LetterRip Pro 3.0 for Mac OS, the newest version
of its mailing list server. Now with increased power and flexibility,
LetterRip Pro’s price is only $395. A special introductory price of $295 is
available through March 1998.
Already acclaimed by users as “the fastest and easiest” way of running
mailing lists and sending large volumes of email through the Internet,
LetterRip Pro is the ideal solution for individuals, small businesses,
corporations, and ISPs that need to run a mailing list server without the
fuss that often accompanies such servers. LetterRip Pro’s unusual
combination of ease-of-use and stunning performance makes it easy to get
mailing lists and announcement lists up and running.
* New Features
LetterRip Pro adds over 50 new features. Some of the major new features
– A single POP mailbox can optionally be used for incoming mail
– Separate list administrators for each list
– Prefixes for message subjects (for example, [ANN], [Humor], etc.)
– Multiple list moderators can monitor each list
– “Fuzzy-matching” domains in email addresses locates similar addresses
– Duplicate email addresses are quickly removed
– Drag and drop email addresses between windows and applications
– Sort email addresses
– Import address lists from majordomo (RFC 822)
– Message headers can be added or modified
– Enhanced control over which messages can be posted to a list
– Enhanced control over who can post to a list
– Daily statistics can be sent via email for each list
– Built-in support for PowerKey Pro to automatically restart servers
– Maximum connections are increased to 100 incoming and 500 outgoing
– Support for multiple IP addresses (Open Transport 1.3 support)
– Enhanced support for virtual domains
LetterRip Pro enhances LetterRip’s well established ease-of-use by
revamping the interface. Features are logically grouped and are easily
accessed through graphical tabs.
LetterRip Pro improves upon LetterRip’s superb performance by reducing disk
access. A new internal structure for address lists enhances the access to
addresses when searching and when messages are sent. Additionally, settings
are now available to fine-tune performance for the most demanding
“LetterRip Pro is fast,” said Michael Johnson, System Administrator,
Waveworks Inc., in Washington, DC. “Setting up LetterRip Pro was painless
and so was sending a message to 10,000 recipients. LetterRip Pro is
LetterRip Pro runs on any Macintosh, Power Macintosh, or compatible
computer running Mac OS 7.1 or later. LetterRip Pro supports multi-homing
under Open Transport 1.3 which is available in Mac OS 8.1.
LetterRip Pro requires a connection to the Internet or an office Intranet.
Both full-time and part-time connections are supported.
Through March 1998, LetterRip Pro is available for an introductory price of
$295 and upgrades are $95.
Owners who purchased LetterRip in 1998 can upgrade to LetterRip Pro for
free. Owners with an active update agreement can also upgrade to LetterRip
Pro for free.
After March 1998, LetterRip Pro will be $395 and upgrades will be $145.
All sales are direct through secure forms at the Fog City Software web site.