MacPerl 5.1.5 has been released. This version fixes some bugs and improves
the reliability over 5.1.4. MacPerl users still running 5.1.3 should
consider upgrading to take advantage of a significant speed improvement.
MacPerl 5.1.5 is now available in
MacPerl is arranged into a number of distributions, named according to
the following scheme:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
MacPerl | | | MacBinary Suffix
| | Distribution Component
| Perl Patchlevel
Currently the following components are available:
appl The MacPerl application (Dynamic PowerPC/Small 68K), all
libraries and documentation.
tool The Perl MPW Tool (Dynamic PowerPC/Small 68K) and scripts.
bigappl The MacPerl application (Dynamic PowerPC/Big 68K).
bigtool The Perl MPW Tool (Dynamic PowerPC/Big 68K).
appl_cfm68K The MacPerl application (Dynamic PowerPC/Dynamic 68K).
src The MacPerl source code.
All of the distributions except for the source are available. You should
install distributions as suggested in the figure below, from bottom to top
(i.e., to get the big MPW tool, install appl, then tool, then bigtool).
| bigtool | src |
| bigappl | appl_cfm68K | tool |
| appl |
– Fixed various bugs in the toolbox libraries, added examples that were
left out of the distribution [Dan Herron, Chris Nandor].
– Made CFM68K variant functional again, turned it into fat binary.
– Added Internet Config to the distribution again.
– Running a program twice under the debugger would crash [Will Merrill].
– Incorporated Paul Schinder’s ports of libnet and LWP.
– Added editor for global environment variables [Paul Schinder].
– Universal support was broken [Paul Schinder].
– Defaults in StandardFile.pl were broken [Manfred Lauer].
– (Hopefully) repaired all .pl files whose XCMDs had been omitted