From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jump Long)
Version 1.4.6 of MoreFiles is now available. The changes from v1.4.5 to
v1.4.6 are listed below.
You can download it today from from :
It will also submitted for release through the following channels (and may
be available today or in the near future):
Apple’s Developer CD
Apple Developer World web/ftp site
America Online’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (keyword: MDV)
CompuServe’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (GO MACDEV)
– Jim Luther, Apple Computer, Inc.
* Fixed bug in PreflightFileCopySpace (FileCopy.c) introduced in MoreFiles
* Fixed problem between PBXGetVolInfoSync and __WANTPASCALELIMINATION
* HMoveRenameCompat from v1.4.2 through v1.4.5 worked with files but not
folders, and comments were not being moved along with the file. Reverted
HMoveRenameCompat to the v1.4.1 source and then fixed the possible
collision in the Temporary Items folder by creating a new uniquely named
subfolder in the Temporary Items folder.
Other changes and improvements:
* Added GetVolState function to MoreFilesExtras. Use GetVolState to
determine a volumes online and eject state and the volume drivers need
for eject requests.
* Added GetVolFileSystemID function to MoreFilesExtras.
* Renamed PascalElim.h to Optimization.h since it now contains additional
* Added OptimizationEnd.h.
* Checks for __WANTPASCALELIMINATION now use #if instead of #ifdef to be
consistant with other conditionals in MoreFiles and in Apple interfaces.
* Added #pragma internal on if __MWERKS__ is defined to Optimization.h
and OptimizationEnd.h to produce better code under Metrowerks compilers.
* In Optimization.h, define __WANTPASCALELIMINATION to 0 if not already
defined so __WANTPASCALELIMINATION can be passed in from the command line.
* In FSpCompat.c, define GENERATENODATA to 0 if not already defined so
GENERATENODATA can be passed in from the command line.
* Added FSpDTXGetAPPL to MoreDesktopMgr.
* Added echo lines to MoreFilesLib.make so the build process can be monitored.