Welcome MacMinute Readers!
In 2008, Stan Flack, a pioneer of Mac online journalism, passed away. The archives for MacMinute are now part of the MacNews archives so that you can see all the great history, and as a permanent memorial to Stan. Furthermore, the AppleCentral Forums have a permanent discussion area named after Stan.
In the tradition that Stan taught so many in the industry, MacNews brings you a number of useful services and up to date information (including news, reviews, scanners, and more). Forum users should create an account here and then use the AppleCentral Forums (see http://forums.applecentral.com/) including some great areas dedicated to topics that we think you'll love.
A couple of things to point out if you've not already discovered them. The home page is intended to be your "industry dashboard" and your starting point for most items.
- News scanners: We scan over 60 web sites and brings you up to date links from around the Apple community.
- Firehose: Want to get all your information in one list like the old site? See the Firehose. Even better, if you log in as a user, we'll help you see what you've already seen and what's new.
- Forum discussions: Got a question? Ask the community for answers in our Forums.
- News and Reviews: See what our expanded editorial team has to offer. Your entry point is the home page.
- This month's issue: Each month, MacTech brings you in-depth articles, how-tos, and more. And, after 25 years in print, the print magazine continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
- Rumor Scanners: Want to hear the latest rumors about the industry? Our scanner is on the lookout for you. Your entry point is the home page.
- Documenation Scanners: It's hard to keep up with the latest knowledgebase entries, security alerts, and such. Our scanner makes it easier for you right on the home page.
- Whitepapers, Screencasts, Books, and Videos:Sometimes you just need more depth. Our editorial team is on the lookout for you on the latest to bring you more, again right from the home page.
- Site Wide, and Community Search: Search our family of sites, or if you'd prefer a wider net, check out our Community Search that limits your search to the hand selected group of sites that provide quality information to the Apple community.
- Latest deals: Looking for the deal of the day? See our showcases it for you.
- Software Updates: Through our friends at MacUpdate, you can see the latest software updates hand picked by the editorial teams as the most relevant.
- iPhone App Showcase: See some of the hottest apps out there for your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
- Jobs Board: Our jobs scanner help you see the most recent Apple relevant job listings from all around the web.
A lot of effort has gone into the new site, and we're not completely done yet. But, rather than make you wait, we decided to launch it now in beta status. Drop us a line with feedback and any issues.
The first place you should start is our new home page ... or put another way, your industry dashboard.
Click here to go to the home page now.
Editor-in-Chief & Publisher