FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Available: June 1999
QuickMail Pro 2.0 client upgrade from version 1.0: $12 per user
QuickMail Office 2.0 upgrade from version 1.0: $13-$16 per user
To download the QuickMail Office 2.0 preview:
CE Software Releases QuickMail Office 2.0 and QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh
Must-have upgrade to popular all-in-one-box Internet and interoffice
E-mail system sports all new interface and contact management features
WEST DES MOINES, IA, June 21, 1999-- CE Software, Inc., a wholly
owned subsidiary of CE Software Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ SC Symbol:
CESH), today announced the release of QuickMail Office 2.0 for
Macintosh, a major upgrade of its easy-to-use Internet and
interoffice E-mail system for mid-sized businesses. QuickMail Office
includes QuickMail Pro Server and QuickMail Pro 2.0 client software
that features all-new interface, advanced contact management
features, hierarchical file folders and dozens of other improvements.
Free 30-day demos of QuickMail Office and QuickMail Pro will be
available later this month at:
"QuickMail 2.0 is a quantum leap forward from version 1.0, with a
clean, modern look, new icons and tons of features," said Jason
Pettis, preview tester and system technologist for Systemation.
"QuickMail 2.0 is extremely customizable, and old address books were
easily imported into the new Contact Manager. Rarely do I get excited
about software, but I really enjoy using QuickMail 2.0. It's a
wonderful E-mail program I can use everyday."
The QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh client software included in
QuickMail Office features dozens of improvements designed to make
QuickMail easier-to-use and more powerful than ever:
- A completely revised interface featuring a new "mail browser" window.
- A new address book that doubles as a contact manager.
- Multiple account support sends and receives mail from more than one
account using a single interface.
- Hierarchical or "nested" folders for organizing stored messages more
- New automated procedures for handling return receipts to reduce inbox
- A streamlined interface for creating MailManager rules and searching for
- Improved enclosure handling procedures, including double-click launching
- Access to Internet and proprietary directories with built-in directory
- Plus many more new features.
Preview Tester Doug Keller, director of computer resources at
Westcoast Performance Products USA, said, "I'm really impressed by
the transformation taking place with QuickMail Pro. Not only am I
impressed with the new features but also with how little the look and
the feel have changed. They've been improved but not in a way that
makes me feel like I'm learning a new program."
Other preview testers agreed. "Simply the best E-mail client ever
released," said Patrice Marillier, network engineer at Satelnet. "The
nicest interface and the fastest engine makes it very pleasant to
In addition to all-new QuickMail Pro client software, QuickMail Office 2.0
also includes expanded Macintosh E-mail server capabilities such as:
- Unsend a message by canceling its delivery with the server.
- Compose a message ahead of time then schedule the server to deliver it at
a specified time and date.
- Built-in directory system provides the whole office with up-to-date E-mail
addresses and contact information.
- Server reduces network traffic by notifying clients when to check
- Server-based MailManager rules keep messages sorted even when clients
- Plus several additional speed and performance server enhancements.
Pricing and availability
New copies of QuickMail Office 2.0 for Macintosh are available now at
$2,165.95 for a 50-user pack, and upgrades from version 1.0 are $700
for a 50-user pack. QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh, also available
now, is $39.95 for a single user. QuickMail Pro upgrades from version
1.0 are $12 per user. QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Windows will be available
QuickMail Office 2.0 and QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh are
available direct from CE Software at (800) 523-7638 or
email@example.com and through national distributors such as Ingram
Micro, mail-order catalogs such as MacConnection and MacWarehouse,
software resellers nationwide and via the Internet at www.cesoft.com.
CE Software, Inc.
For more than a decade, CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary
of CE SOFTWARE HOLDINGS, INC. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), has developed
automation utilities and E-mail software that save time and effort
for millions of Microsoft Windows 95/98, Windows NT and Macintosh
users. For more information: (515) 221-1801 or www.cesoft.com.