PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UNI SOFTWARE PLUS GmbH
phone: +43 (7236) 3338-82
fax: +43 (7236) 3338-30
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
VOODOO and PopChar Pro Demonstration and Special Offer at WWDC
San Jose, CA (Worldwide Developers Conference), May 11-1998, UNI SOFTWARE
PLUS GmbH, announced today, that they will demonstrate the just released
new version 1.8.1 of their award-winning version control tool VOODOO as
well as their highly acclaimed Control Panel PopChar Pro at WWDC/Developer
Central. Come and see at booth #43 how pleasant version control can be,
regardless whether you use VOODOO as a stand-alone tool or smoothly
integrated with CodeWarrior, BBEdit and other applications. Besides getting
a thorough impression of our products, visitors can also benefit from a
special offer for VOODOO that is available only during WWDC directly from
the DevDepot selling area.
"This is the first time that we are exhibiting at WWDC, and I am excited to
being here myself" said Christoph Reichenberger, VOODOO and PopChar Pro
product manager. "I look forward to meeting many of our existing customers
as well as to convince many newcomers that VOODOO is the tool of choice
whenever you have to deal with more than one version of a file."
Due to its ease of use VOODOO is not only useful for programming projects
in a narrow sense, where you have to deal with hundreds of source files.
VOODOO is as useful for web publishers, Filemaker developers, graphic
designers and any other people who have to keep track of different
revisions of their files. VOODOO's outstanding delta storing technique for
files of arbitrary types makes you forget to worry about the storage needs
of all these versions.
PopChar Pro makes "typing" of unusual characters easy without having to
remember keyboard combinations. It installs a menu that shows all
characters available in the current font. Any character can be inserted in
the current document by simply selecting it from the menu.
More info and the complete packages of VOODOO and PopChar Pro are available
on the Virtual Developer Central CD you got with your WWDC Conference Guide
as well as from our server at: http://www.unisoft.co.at
VOODOO At A Glance:
* Stand-alone version control tool for all sorts of projects
(software development, Web publishing, design, CAD, documentation, etc.)
* Smooth integration with Metrowerks CodeWarrior IDE and BBEdit,
Integration with Alpha to follow soon.
* Simple and clear management of variants and revisions of entire
projects (not only of single files)
* Easy-to-use graphical project browser gives access to all
versions that were ever stored.
* Recording of the complete history (who made which changes when and why)
* View differences between versions (not only for text files!)
* Efficient delta storage of arbitrary files (text as well as
non-text files) gains savings of 95 % and more
* Administration of users with hierarchical access rights
* Configurable local file locking (Finder flag or 'ckid' resource)
* Scriptable via OSA (AppleScript and Frontier)
PopChar Pro At A Glance:
* simple to use (from a pull-down menu or a floating window for quick access)
* shows all characters available in a given font and allows users to
customize the display of individual fonts
* is multilingual (currently "speaks" English, German and French)
* automatically detects the current font in most applications (including
MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Framemaker, Adobe Illustrator)
* allows manual font selection (in case PopChar Pro cannot determine the
current font automatically)
* includes a layout editor for custom character arrangements
About UNI SOFTWARE PLUS GmbH:
UNI SOFTWARE PLUS GmbH, founded in 1993, is based in Hagenberg, Austria.
The company's product VOODOO has become a very popular tool for version
control not only among software developers but also HTML authors,
publishers, CAD designers, etc. This year VOODOO has received the 1997
MacWorld/MacTech Eddy Award in the category "Best Developer Tool". The
highly acclaimed Control Panel PopChar Pro makes "typing" of unusual
characters easy without having to remember keyboard combinations. For more
information about the company, visit (http://www.unisoft.co.at/).
Christoph Reichenberger Tel: +43-7236-3338-82
UNI SOFTWARE PLUS GMBH Fax: +43-7236-3338-30
Softwarepark Hagenberg, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
A-4232 Hagenberg, Austria http://www.unisoft.co.at