FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CDFINDER 2.8.1 RELEASED
July 7, 2000, Moerfelden, Germany
The author today announced the immediate availability of version 2.8.1 of
CDFinder, the popular shareware disk catalog tool for the Macintosh.
The new version is free for all registered owners of CDFinder and can be
obtained from the CDFinder-Homepage (http://www.cdfinder.de/).
A single user license is $20, multi user licenses are available.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to create catalog files of your
hard disks, floppies, ZIP's and anything else that spins. It has a great
user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports
drag&drop and requires at least a 68020 or PowerPC CPU. While System 7 is
required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9. A special feature
is the multi-lingual user
New features in CDFinder 2.8.1:
- Fixed a bug that could cause CDFinder not to find the catalog folder.
Instead CDFinder claimed that there were no files in the catalog folder.
- Fixed a crashing bug in the Find window on some PowerPC machines with
- The main window allows the change of a name directly inside it!
- Added AppleScript support to get the infos of the Found Items.
- In the main catalog window, CDFinder will now use a different sort
method. CDFinder will now also do a secondary sort by name if the main sort
is by any other value.
- All single line text input fields scroll better.
- CDFinder now has a new application and also a new document icon! You may
need to rebuild your desktop file to see it.
Norbert M. Doerner