MacTech Conference 2015 has been Announced!
November 4-6, 2015. Pre-conf on Nov 3.
Registration is already open!
Special Early Discount in effect.
Save the date! MacTech Conference 2015 will be November 4-6, 2015 (Pre-Conference events will be the day prior on November 3rd) in Los Angeles.
Below is information from our 2014 event, and 2015 will be similar with even more!
Register now and save $700+.
The below information is from MacTech Conference 2014...
Why Attend MacTech Conference?
MacTech Conference has so many reasons to attend: as we like to say ... The content. The people. The experience.
Below, you can see the sessions divided by topic area to get an even better idea of what MacTech Conference will do for you ... from the sessions alone! Of course, the awesome "hallway sessions," activities, labs, forums and more all add to the experience.
# Road Map
Where are we going as an industry? What should you be thinking about? MacTech Conference has some excellent sessions just for you from some of the most amazing folks in our industry:
- Keynote, by Jacqui Cheng, Ars Techncia
- State of Mac IT, by Charles Edge
- Let’s Pick a Title, by Andy Ihnatko
# Deep Dive
If you want to take a deep dive, get into the protocols and 1s and 0s, MacTech Conference has some excellent sessions just for you:
- Intro to Internals, by Gwynne Raskind
- Reverse Engineering 101, by Sam Marshall
- Effectively Troubleshooting OS X, by Michael Lynn
- WiFi Design, by Jeanette Lee
- All About IPv6 (and what to do about it), by Pam Lefkowitz
- Security: Making Mavericks Work for You, by Sam Keeley
Get your questions answered, learn something new, meet some experts and your peers!
# Learn to Create
Everyone should know how to program and from there, know how to create applications—large or small—that solve problems, serious or trivial. MacTech Conference has several great sessions that not only get you started, but keep you going:
- Python Lab, by Greg Neagle and Matt Schnittker
- LiveCode Open Source Toolkit, by Richard Gaskin
- Sprite Kit, by Rich Warren
- iBooks Development, by Maria Buoniol
- Passbook, by Philippe Casgrain
Indie dev or consultant? In charge of running the business? Curious about making the jump to running your own business? Well, MacTech Conference has you covered with some great sessions with business owners and those in the know:
- Automating Business, by Joe Workman
- The Business Side of Things, Tim Nyberg
- Selling Your App, by Kelly Guimont
- Mastering Users: The Human Side of IT, by Tom Bridge
Need to give your app or service a kick in the right direction? Struggling with the initial or late stage design? There will be plenty of people to talk to at MacTech Conference, and there are even sessions dedicated to design:
- Great User Interfaces, by Peter Hosey
- Designing Engagement, by Jaimee Newberry
# New Ideas and APIs
We all need some inspiration and exposure to new methodologies and practices. MacTech Conference has plenty of sessions that helps you explore all of those things you've been curious about, and some you didn't know existed:
- CocoaPods - Dependencies Done Right, by Michelle Titolo
- iBooks Development, by Maria Bouniol
- Passbook 101, by Philippe Casgrain
- Generating Unicode friendly parsers with Ragel and Xcode, by Jim Rea
- Consuming Web APIs, the TDD way, by Luis Solano
- Testing and Virtualization, by Rich Trouton
- SpriteKit, by Rich Warren
Every program and system needs storage...somewhere: locally, or in the cloud. What's available now? What's coming in the future? Find out at MacTech Conference!
- Shared Storage That's Blazing Fast, by CV Rao
- Storage and how it is Evolving, by Ryan Grimes
Mobile factors into our plans one way or another. From development to deployment, MacTech Conference has the how-to answers.
- iOS Development at Google, by Dave Maclachlan
- All About AppleID, by Marc Grayson
- iOS Deployment and Management Strategies, by Nick McSpadden
# Self Improvement
Of course the tech is important, but that's not all you do. Learning to communicate and presenting your ideas, documenting apps and systems and working with customers and users, join us at MacTech Conference for the ultimate upgrade: you!
- Mastering Users, by Tom Bridge
- Documentation can be a Beautiful Thing, by Angel M. Stone
- How to Present, by David Koff
- Community Hacking, by Kelly Guimont
# Pre-Conference Workshops
Need a deep dive on a topic? This year, we've added SIX pre-conference workshops with some of the best in the industry doing the training and/or certifications!
Talk to leading IT and developer vendors about what they have to offer that can help you. Not just a brief encounter, but one where you can form relationships with real people inside these companies, and get the information you need at MacTech Conference!
- Absolute Software
- Adobe Systems Inc.
- Boinx Software
- Creative Resources Technology Group
- DriveSavers Data Recovery
- JAMF Software
- Landing Zone
- Ruckus Wireless
- and more...
What's in the plan for this year?
Awesome Venue. Expanded Schedule. More Pre-Conference Workshops.
Sessions. Labs. Certifications. Vendor Forums. Amazing Peer Networking.
This year's event has an expanded schedule with more time for more sessions expanded labs, the best peer networking opportunities around, multiple accreditation options, and optional pre-conference workshops. Our expanded selection of Pre-Conference Workshops and the acclaimed Microsoft Office for Mac Accreditation Courses take place on Tue, November 4, 2014.
And the core of the event: the sessions? They're better than ever! Great speakers. Awesome, timely topics for both IT and Devs. There are a whole lot more industry leaders, sessions, and even surprise speakers coming. MacTech Conference 2014 will be three full days — we'll end by 5pm on Friday. Not to mention our widely talked about evening events.
And, we're really excited about our venue: The Manhattan Beach Marriott. It's a beautiful venue, with easy access to LAX, overlooking a golf course, and we've secured awesome deals on guest rooms. As it did last year, the discounted guest room block is expected to sell out, so don't wait (you must be registered for MacTech Conference to reserve).
Limited registration available on site, so register now!