Wednesday, August 16, 2006 – 24U Software updated 24U SimpleTalk
Plug-In, a FileMaker Pro plug-in for communication with user, another
FileMaker Pro, and other applications via TCP/IP. The new version 1.1
is now faster, more efficient, and runs natively in FileMaker Pro 8.5
on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs.
What is new in version 1.1?
– Runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs
– Works with FileMaker 7.0, 8.0 and 8.5
– Opening/closing of a connection and data arrival can be handled separately
– Behaviour of default values improved
– Connection and server identifiers are now unique
– Handlers are not triggered unexpectedly during connection
– Data handler does not start before the previous data handler ends
– Improved processing of empty lines
– Received data are not lost when the other side closes the connection
– Terminator in function STalk_Send can be overriden now
– All supported encodings now work as expected
More info: http://www.24usoftware.com/SimpleTalk Download:
What is 24U SimpleTalk Plug-In?
This plug-in allows FileMaker Pro to communicate with user, another
FileMaker Pro, and other applications via TCP/IP. You can simply
trigger scripts or evaluate calculations in remote FileMaker Pro
clients, or seamlessly integrate FileMaker Pro with other TCP/IP
capable applications, such as those created with Real Basic or
Runtime Revolution. You can even also connect to and control your
FileMaker solution via Telnet!
– Act as server, waiting for a TCP/IP connection from a client
app/computer – Run a script on demand from the client app/computer –
Evaluate a calculation on demand from the client app/computer –
Perform custom commands/actions depending on received data – Act as
client – connect to a server, send commands, wait for responses –
Talk to another instance of itself via TCP/IP – Let users connect via
Telnet and run a script or evaluate a calc
Attractive prices of 24U Simple Plug-In!
License for 1 user is $58 US, additional users pay just $29 US or
less! Let your license grow with your business!
New developer pricing!
Starting at $399 for a license limited to 20 concurrent users, but
unlimited to a number of solutions or customers, independent
developers can now adjust their licenses to match their customers,
and expand them when their customers expand.
This update is free for all registered users of version 1.0.
Developer licenses for version 1.0 are automatically updated to a new
developer license for up to 35 concurrent users without additional
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers! Since
2000 24U Software has been committed to production of easy to use
software that makes working and developing with FileMaker and
AppleScript faster, simpler and cheaper. ISO 9001:2000 certified for
design, development, customization and implementation of software.