New Omikron Basic 6.53 Version for all PowerMacs:
The new Omikron Basic is noted for its extended functions for controlling
and monitoring of the serial interfaces. Listings can now be printed
better, and the programming of print routines is improved with the enhanced
The Extension Library was extended with a few procedures and functions. Now
it is possible to use 'Get_Lpr_Pagesize' to determine the size of the
printed page in pixels and thus optimally adjust any printouts to the set
page format. Advanced users find in the new function 'FN Get_Thprint' the
handle of the print record utilized by Omikron Basic. The procedures
'Ser_Hshake' and 'Ser_Status' were introduced to improve the programming of
the serial interfaces, enable the many settings of the handshake options,
and return accurate information about the current status of the serial
- Program listings and other expressions can now feature page numbers if so
- Labels that are accidentally double defined are now recognized by the
compiler if the compiler warnings have been activated (COMPILER "WARNINGS
- All commands for addressing the serial interfaces were switched to
low-level routines. This eliminates the problems that occurred with a few
Apple computers (PowerBook).
- The printing of listings under MAC OS 9 should now also function error-free.
- Floating point numbers can now also be defined correctly as a constants
using COMPILER "DEF_CONST".
- When using PRINT USING the operational sign is now also issued correctly
in front of the first valid location as described in the manual, if the
sign is the first character within the format string.
A complete overview over all of the new enhancements can be found at
Registered users can update their program free of charge using our Web page.
A FREE DEMO VERSION can be downloaded from http://www.berkhan.com/demo_e.htm.
Or download the demo file directly by pointing your browser at:
http://www.berkhan.com/files/ombas6ef.sit (2650 KB)
All registered users can UPDATE FREE OF CHARGE via our Web site:
- More Information about Omikron Basic is available at http://www.berkhan.com
Entwicklung & Vertrieb
Tel.: ++49 (0) 58 32 - 97 98 95
Fax: ++49 (0) 58 32 - 61 60