MacUser Utility of the Year 1996 and America Online's Mac Utility 1996
Shareware Award Winner and Shareware Junkies Mac Program of the Year 1997
**MacOS 8 compatible!
**Full Drag & Drop compatibility!
**Use up to 100 independent clipboards by menu or simple key commands!
**View and access all the clipboard using the CopyPaste Palette!
**Append text to 1 of 10 files on disk at any time!
**Process text, picture and net data on the Clipboards in many ways!
**Use a command key to switch and/or view all applications!
**New pop-up palette function and more!
One of the early wonders of the Mac was its revolutionary ability to do
copy and paste across various applications. Unlike other areas in the Mac's
system software that have changed and progressed over the years, copying
and pasting has not evolved. How many times have you found yourself going
back and forth copying in one application and pasting in a different
application, wishing to yourself that you could copy 5-10 items at a time,
then go to another application and paste each of these items. Now you can
with a vengeance!
Changes In Version 4.2.1
* bug fixes:
- those who use the Dvorak keyboard layout can now use CopyPaste
- Renaming Archives and Clip Sets now save
- other minor bug fixes
* the "Use Popup Palette" feature can be toggled on and off by option-click
on the zoom box of the Palette.
Changes In Version 4.2
* A new option in the preferences "Use Popup Palette" when turned ON allows
the Palette to collapse automatically to icon size when the mouse is not
over it, and expand to normal size simply by pointing to the CopyPaste
icon. This is a very handy way to have the Palette available all the time.
* The Palette is now resizable.
* ClipViewer, ClipExtender and small zoomed Palette can now each have their
individual size and position which is remembered thru restarts. So you can
view the clip in a large window which is centered on the screen without
repositioning the Palette in its ClipExtender state.
* Clips can be trashed in the Clip Viewer mode.
* A new color screenshot utility can be found in the picture utilities menu.
* A new utility to rotate a text string can be found in the picture
* A new Internet utility which converts styled Text to HTML is added for
* The menus are rearranged. If the option "CopyPaste Utilities" is off in
the preferences, the submenus in the Edit menu only show the four internal
functions Clipboard Viewer, Preferences, Help, Show/Hide Palette.
* The menu command "Unload Clips to disk" has been removed. The
functionality of this feature is however still there. If you select the
current clipset from the clipset menu, all clips are stored on disk and
will be loaded dynamically on request.
* The paste menu now shows the clipboard 0 separated from the ClipRecorder
which should make navigation easier.
* The Open Clip Set and Save Clip Set buttons are removed from the Palette
and you can find these commands in the Clip Set menu.
* The Clip Sets menu has a menu entry for renaming the Clip Sets
* The ClipArchives menu have a menu entry for renaming of the archives.
* The code for saving thru restarts is changed a little, we hope it fixes
the problems with that option.
* The shift key is now filtered in keystroke sequences as it was prior to
* CopyPaste now recognizes a two screen configuration when it positions the
* This version should work with MS Office 98. The menu support for the
CopyPaste submenus is OFF by default in MS Office. Creating CopyPaste menus
within Office 98 is a problem on some computers. So you can enable menus in
Office from the preferences by clicking the checkbox "Try Menus in MS
Office". Turn it off if you have a problem.
* There was a bug when trying to copy without a selection. The chosen clip
was replaced with the last clip used, so people got the impression that
sometimes clips appeared at random positions with wrong menu entries. This
* Note, the preferences will be reset to the default when installing this
* Some other bug fixes.
J u l i a n M i l l e r
Script Software International
(530) 546-9005 Voice
Programming, Design and Consulting
Try our shareware clipboard utility CopyPaste for Mac and also Windows/NT
CopyPaste received the highest rating of 5 stars from ZiffNet also
CopyPaste is the 5 mouse MacUser Shareware Utility of the Year 1996
was Shareware Junkies Mac Product of the year 1997 and has been
featured in TidBits, MacUser, MacWeek and the June Wired Magazine at: