Over the next two months, the AG Group will be offering 3 network
management training seminars in Walnut Creek (AG Group's home), 25 miles
east of San Francisco and accessible by Bay Area Rapid Transit.
I have included upcoming seminar course titles, dates, locations and
registration costs in this e-mail. Additional information about AG Group
Training & Services can be found at our website,
(http://www.aggroup.com/training). I look forward to hearing from you about
you or your staff joining us for our new and updated network management
COURSES AND DATES:
1) EtherPeek Fundamentals & Techniques (3 days) Sept. 24 - 26 Learn how to
optimize your use of EtherPeek for network monitoring and troubleshooting
in this newly expanded three-day hands-on course. Learn how to baseline
your network, identify trouble spots and analyze performance problems.
This 3-day class is designed to provide EtherPeek owners with:
* A thorough overview of the features of our protocol analyzer.
* A solid background in major network protocols.
* The opportunity to learn and expand your network diagnostic and analysis
expertise with practical, real-world troubleshooting exercises and examples.
2) TroubleShooting Macintosh Networks (3 days) Sept. 29 - Oct. 1 ***LAST
TIME OFFERED*** This is an intermediate course for those who understand
basic concepts of AppleTalk networking and are familiar with the Macintosh
The goal of this class is to teach you a powerful approach to Macintosh
troubleshooting that, we believe, will enable you to solve 99% of all
network problem situations you encounter. This is not a class in how to
solve specific network problems, although specific problems will be
mentioned. Instead, it is a course designed to teach a troubleshooting
methodology and to practice using this methodology. It will teach you how
to think clearly about the problems you encounter, and how to better use
the various troubleshooting tools available.
This 3-day class provides:
* A proven methodology for network troubleshooting
* In-depth knowledge of AppleTalk protocols and design concepts
* Advanced diagnostic techniques using common Mac-based network management
3) Network TroubleShooting in a Mixed Protocol, Multi-Vendor Environment
(5 days) Oct. 20 -24 ** NEW **
Successful resolution of problems on multi-protocol networks requires broad
insight into the operations and protocols underpinning today's complex
Your success in troubleshooting heterogeneous networks depends on:
* Understanding network fundamentals - protocols, specifications, concepts.
* Understanding how to obtain and interpret operational information from
networked devices, routers, hubs and switches through the use of network
* Knowing an effective troubleshooting methodology that focuses your
knowledge and experience
In this 5-day class, you'll learn the fundamentals of the network protocols
troubleshooters. You'll also learn how and when to use over 20 network
tools and system utilities for:
* obtaining and interpreting pertinent operational information from hubs,
switches and routers.
* baselining your Ethernet and analyze whether your Ethernet is in trouble.
* evaluating network performance in several popular protocols.
* discovering user names, network names and network addresses in Ethernet,
IP, NetBios, AppleTalk and Novell.
* building network documentation for more effective troubleshooting
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Kurt VanderSluis, the instructor, is an experienced trainer, consultant and
respected authority on mixed-protocol, multi-vendor network
troubleshooting. Kurt has:
* Training over 2000 network manager in public seminars since 1987.
* Co-authored TroubleShooting Macintosh Networks by M&T books.
* Written over 30 articles on various networking topics.
* Presented at numerous conference sessions at Comdex, Macworld, and others.
* Consulted on hundreds of network designs.
COURSE FEES: (Payment by VISA/MC, check or PO)
Three Day EtherPeek OR TroubleShooting Macintosh Networks Classes:
Early Registration Fee* $895.00 per attendee
Standard Registration Fee $995.00 per attendee
On-site registration Fee ** $1,095.00 per attendee
Five Day Multi -Protocol Network Troubleshooting Class:
Early Registration Fee* $1,595.00 per attendee
Standard Registration Fee $1,695.00 per attendee
On-site registration Fee** $1,795.00 per attendee
Register for 2 classes and SAVE:
BOTH EtherPeek AND TroubleShooting Macintosh Networks (6 days) Sept.24 -
Early Registration Fee* $1,350.00 per attendee
Standard Registration Fee $1,495.00 per attendee
On-site registration Fee** $1,650.00 per attendee
Please Note: If 3 or more people from the same company wish to attend, we
will give a 10% discount per attendee. Rates for Educational Institutions
* Early Registration fee offered to those attendees who register and pay
for a class 2 weeks prior to the first class date.
** On-Site registration allowed if space permits.
Fees Include: Class attendance, binder with class materials, and snacks.
Payment is required to hold your seat in these valuable training sessions.
Please contact The AG Group to reserve your spot today by calling
510-937-7900 ext. 25, sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a
fax request for a registration form to (510) 937-2479.
New Horizons Computer Learning Center
2185 North California
Walnut Creek, Ca 94596
CLASS HOURS: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
LODGING suggestions in Walnut Creek, CA:
1345 Treat Blvd.
Front Desk: 510-934-2500
2355 North Main Street
$139.00/night Corporate Rate
Front Desk: 510-934-2000
2730 North Main Street
$109/night Corporate Rate
Front Desk: 510-934-3332
Diablo Mountain Inn
2079 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
$68 - $72/night
Walnut Creek Motor Lodge
1960 North Main Street
$55/night Corporate Rate
Please contact me at mailto://email@example.com or phone for more details!
Manager, Training & Consulting Services
AG Group, Inc.
2540 Camino Diablo, Suite 200
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
510-937-7900 ext. 25