devolo has announced three models from its Magic 2 series. The Magic 2 WiFi next, Magic 2 LAN, and the Magic 2 LAN triple are now available for purchase in the U.S.
The outlet adapters boost Internet connectivity by using pre-existing power lines to distribute Internet signals throughout the home, says Heiko Harbers, devolo founder and CEO. This turns power outlets into internet access points with an Ethernet cable or wireless mesh Wi-Fi.
The flagship product, the Magic 2 WiFi next, integrates state-of-the-art G.hn Wave 2 standard powerline speeds up to 2,000 Mbps and high-performance mesh Wi-Fi with speeds up to 1,200 Mbps. It’s also equipped with two Gigabit LAN ports that for home networking. The Magic 2 WiFi next series also supports numerous smart features for setting up a stable mesh Wi-Fi network. According to Harbers, features include:
- ● WPS & Config Sync enables Wi-Fi configuration data to be synchronized so that only one Wi-Fi password has to be stored.
- ● Access Point Steering & Client Steering optimizes Wi-Fi roaming. When multiple devolo Magic Wi-Fi next adapters are installed in different rooms, Access Point Steering and Client Steering provide a fast handover from one wireless cell to another as the user moves through the home. This means that video calls are no longer a major problem, even when moving around from room to room during a call. Conventional Wi-Fi networks without Access Point Steering and Client Steering are subject to frequent and lengthy connection dropouts.
- ● Bandsteering, integrated into the Magic 2 WiFi next adapters, ensures that all Wi-Fi clients are automatically assigned to the optimal frequency band. Instead of the frequently overloaded 2.4 GHz band, clients with Bandsteering operate more frequently in the 5 GHz band. This increases network performance and stability.
- ● Airtime Fairness manages the Wi-Fi network automatically by providing more connection time to fast Wi-Fi clients – giving an added boost to the Wi-Fi performance of the entire wireless network.
- ● Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) makes it possible to simultaneously provide multiple terminal devices with constant Wi-Fi. As long as the internet connection is fast enough, the terminal connections can remain stable even when the new series is being streamed in 4K or 8K in the living room while the kids play online on a tablet and a video call is made in the home office.
- ● Beamforming enables more exact control of the Wi-Fi devices to create a better connection between the access point and tablet or smartphone, for example.
● WPA3 and WPA2 ensures outstanding security for the Wi-Fi of the devolo models.
In addition to the Magic 2 WiFi next, devolo is launching two different Magic 2 LAN models: the Magic 2 LAN and the Magic 2 LAN triple. Both use the current G.hn Powerline standard. Each offers an integrated electrical outlet with a power filter function to protect against interference signals.
The products have a Powerline pairing process and 128-bit AES encryption. The devolo Magic 2 LAN triple offers three Gigabit LAN ports for computers, gaming consoles, set-top boxes or other hardware.
Meanwhile, the devolo Magic 2 LAN adapter has one Gigabit port. devolo provides all devices with a limited two-year warranty.
In addition to the develo app, consumers also have access to the free devolo Cockpit software (for macOS, Windows, and Linux) and a web interface. All provide access to the system status and settings.
The various starter kits are the recommended choice for most homes. The flagship devolo Magic 2 WiFi next Whole Home Kit is designed for larger, multi-level family homes. The devolo network can be expanded with add-on Magic adapters. Additionally, the entire Magic product family is fully compatible with each other. For more information go to www.devolo.com. You can buy the products at www.Amazon.com.
Article provided with permission from AppleWorld.Today