Kensington has announced the new UltraThin Magnetic Privacy Screens for the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
The new privacy screens, which work with MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, are designed to help protect against the loss of data from visual hacking — the observation and theft of information displayed on a computer screen.
Philip Gutierrez, senior regional product manager at Kensington, says the features and benefits of the privacy screens are:
- Seamless magnetic integration – Easily and cleanly attaches to the laptop frame using magnets. This avoids the need to use potentially damaging adhesives and eliminates a lengthy and messy installation process. The UltraThin Privacy Screen helps keep the laptop closed so it can enter – and stay in – sleep mode.
- Limited viewing angle – Narrows the field of vision to +/- 30 degrees, helping users keep the information on the screen private and reduces the chances of a visual data breach in the office or in a public setting. The UltraThin Privacy Screen helps protect personal or confidential information from being viewed from the side.
- Blue light reduction – Filters out harmful blue light rays by up to 22 percent reducing the exposure to blue light. This can help users reduce eye strain and avoid headaches.
- Low reflective coating – Reduces glare from outside light sources for improved viewing clarity.
- Screen protection – Protects the MacBook screen from scratches and damage.
The Kensington UltraThin Magnetic Privacy Screens for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air cost US$49.95 or $59.95, depending on your laptop model. They’re covered by a two-year limited warranty and are available now through Apple and in Apple Stores in the US.