Filament, a provider of enterprise blockchain solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), has launched its new Blocklet Foundation Kit. Designed for embedded and hardware developers focused on the Internet of Things (IoT), this blockchain development kit provides hands-on experience with Filament’s Blocklet technology, and allows users to generate IoT blockchain transactions on-device and demonstrate smart contract functionality.
“We are the only company to provide embedded technology for blockchain transactions starting with the origination of data, at the edge,” says Frank Friesacher, executive vice president, product, Filament. “This new kit gives embedded developers hands-on experience to evaluate and demonstrate how IoT devices and sensors at the edge can integrate and securely transact in a blockchain without incurring the infrastructure overhead typically found in today’s IoT and blockchain deployments. With the increasing interest in enterprise blockchain solutions, we created this as a clear pathway to proof of concept and pilot projects that lay the foundation for successful production deployments.”
The Blocklet Foundation Kit’s comprehensive and preconfigured Blocklet-enabled hardware, software and resources can be used online or offline to demonstrate attestation-driven smart contracts and machine-to-machine (M2M) transactions between devices on a distributed ledger with Filament’s Blocklet technology. Components include:
- A tablet computer preloaded with tools, applications and example scripts that allow an embedded developer to quickly experiment with Blocklet.
- IoT device with an integrated, interactive user interface that demonstrates how Blocklet provides an identity for legacy infrastructure components.
- Blocklet USB Enclaves that bring Blocklet’s features to existing hardware.
- A lightweight, prewired IoT breadboard that includes a Blocklet UART module and ESP32 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth microcontroller, which provides a functional example of Blocklet operating in an embedded environment.
- Ethereum support and a robust embedded Software Development Kit (SDK).
Also today, Filament announced its Accelerator Services for companies seeking blockchain consulting support in developing new business models and revenue streams through the adoption of enterprise blockchain solutions. The Blocklet Foundation Kit and Accelerator Services are currently available to enterprises and industrial corporations.