NICKENICH, Germany (Januar 23th, 2007) — Monkeybread Software
releases version 8.0 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which
extend the REALbasic development environment with over 900 classes
featuring over 18000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB
hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements
of REALbasic and your operation system itself.
While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X
(universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional
system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete
collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year.
After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS’ website as one big package or
several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 8.0:
* Updated to dynapdf 188.8.131.520.
* Added OptionTTLMBS, OptionTOSMBS and OptionMulticastTTLMBS properties
to SocketCore class. Also added ClearOptionsMBS method.
* Added BarcodeScannerMBS.mode property.
* Added SystemInformationMBS module. Some global functions are not
duplicated inside that module and will later be removed. So switch to
the module soon.
* Added BarcodeScannerMBS class.
* OSVersionStrMBS and OSNameMBS improved to cover more windows versions.
* Added NSOperationMBS and NSOperationQueueMBS classes. Nice
multithreading for Mac OS X 10.5.
* Added HTMLViewer.dashboardBehaviorMBS and
WebViewMBS.dashboardBehaviorMBS to set a few options for the webview
* Now using Ubuntu 6.06 LTS for compiling Linux plugins instead of
Ubuntu 7.x. That should move libc to version 2.3 instead of 2.4 for
* Added new ScalingMBS mehtod to the Picture class with several nice
* Added to NSButtonMBS class: keyEquivalentModifierMask.
* Added to NSControlMBS class: alignment, attributedStringValue,
selectedtag, ignoresMultiClick and events for Action, Open, Close,
textShouldBeginEditing and textShouldEndEditing.
* Added to NSViewMBS class: addSubview, removeFromSuperview and
* Added FlushAllWindows, FlushAllWindowsForAllProceses and
FlushAllWindowsForAllOtherProceses to CGSConnectionMBS class.
* Updated tidy library to version 1.2.
* Added DNSServiceRegisterRecordMBS class.
* Added AddTextRecord and RemoveRecord to DNSServiceRegisterMBS.
* Added Picture.TrimMBS and TrimWithMaskMBS.
* Added PDFPageMBS.PDFPageMBS constructor and drawRect event to draw PDF
pages in code.
* Added FileListMBS.TrueItem.
* Added SleepNotificationMBS class.
* Added CurrentEffectiveUserID, CurrentUserID and CurrentGroupID to
darwin user and group classes.
* Added new PDFDocumentMBS constructor to create a new empty document.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here: