April 12th, 2007, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi File Plug-in
3.6.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1 runs natively with FileMaker Pro 8.5 and
FileMaker Advanced 8.5, but also with FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker
Version 3.6.1 is a maintenance release, which fixes a few bugs.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to
information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders
stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the
plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
– get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
– create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker
fields into them
– manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating,
deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
– query detailed information of files: the size on disk, creation and
modification dates and much more
– launch files with their appropriate application directly from FileMaker Pro
– read and write IPTC metadata to JPEG images!
What is changed?
The improvements in version 3.6.1 are:
– Fixed a bug in writing out binary data with the switch
“-Encoding=ASCII_Mac”, in both the TrFile_SetContents and
– Made improvements to the IPTC_Manipulation.fp7 example.
Troi File Plug-in allows you to:
– Batch import any file, anywhere
– Let the user select a folder and process the contents of this folder
– Create a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
– Update solutions, by moving database files into place
– Read and write custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
– Catalog complete projects, including pictures, and the metadata
like EXIF and IPTC
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to
test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The
plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Developer 7,
FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS X 10.3.9, Mac OS X 10.4.2 or higher and Windows
XP (Service Pack 2). Licenses cost US$ 75 per user. Details on
developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web
site. You can order licenses from our web site.
The registration of version 3.5 also works with in Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1.
Product updates from versions bought on or after March 1st, 2005, are
FREE: eligible users have been sent a new registration string in
Upgrades from licenses bought before March 1st, 2005, are available
from US$ 29 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found
on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: