WiebeTech introduces new low-cost PCI/PCI-X expansion card with SATA ports
WICHITA, KS – June 14, 2006 — WiebeTech announces its new low-cost
solution to add SATA connectivity to Macs or PCs with standard PCI/PCI-X
The new card is the first introduction of the
(http://www.wiebetech.com/products/pci.php) TeraCard Series of host
adapters from WiebeTech. This new adapter card has one external and one
internal Serial ATA port to allow connection of SATA devices to a user’s
computer. In addition, it is bootable on Mac and hot swappable on both Mac
and PC. The model of this new product is TCS1-1 and is priced at $59.95. It
is in stock and available to order.
“Our customers have needed a good, inexpensive solution to attach our SATA
products to their computer,” said James Wiebe, president/CEO of WiebeTech.
“We’re pleased to now offer our new TCS1-1 card as the most simple PCI card
The TCS1-1 is compatible with all WiebeTech SATA products that do not
require port-multiplying technology.
Features of the new card include:
* Bootable on Mac
* Supports deep sleep on Mac OS
* Supports hot-swapping of drives
* 32 bit, 33/66MHz fully compliant PCI host interface
* Two brackets to support low profile PCI and regular size PCI in one card
* LBA supports smaller drives as well as drives larger than 137GB
* Supports spread spectrum in receiver
* Supports two independent SATA channels
* Compliant with PCI specification, revision 2.2
* Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows XP, 2K
Dealers may purchase WiebeTech products from synnex.com or drbott.com. End
users may purchase from pcmall.com, macmall.com or pcconnection.com.
Government customers are encouraged to purchase from pcmallgov.com and
lyme.com. All products are available directly from WiebeTech at
WiebeTech LLC was founded in July 2000 by James Wiebe and has focused on
marketing high performance, highly portable storage solutions for consumer
and government markets.