Product Release Date: 9/14/04
I’m pleased to announce the release of MacMagic 1.0 for OS X. MacMagic
is a powerful, easy-to-use, and essential utility for anyone who uses a
Mac for researching, saving, or printing information, accessing the
Internet, or working on a network of any size.
MacMagic adds numerous powerful, unique, and customizable tools to OS X
that work with every program on users’ Macs and that provide users with
complete control over the information that’s on their computers and on
the Internet (MacMagic is an essential tool for anyone that does any type
Like magic, MacMagic will make the time users spend on their Macs much
easier and much more productive. MacMagic also will save users (and
their employers) considerable out-of-pocket expense by significantly
reducing expenditures on ink/toner and paper as well as by increasing
JUST SOME OF MACMAGIC’S POWERFUL AND INNOVATIVE FEATURES INCLUDE:
* MacMagic lets users select and save or print just the info they want
from web browsers (text, pictures, and graphics) eliminating wasting
time, ink/toner, paper, and effort dealing with unwanted material.
MacMagic also eliminates virtually all browser printing problems, such as
getting blank and partially printed pages, and MacMagic lets users filter
out unwanted ink-intensive ads!
* MacMagic lets users select and extract just what they want from PDF
files (text, pictures, and graphics), and MacMagic lets users create
their own text files that contain just the info they want from a PDF file
— they even can add their own notes to the information taken from PDF
* MacMagic lets users select and print or save just the material they
want from any program, including spreadsheets, databases, email clients,
chat clients, newsreaders, AOL — you name it!
* MacMagic lets users instantly select and save or print anything in any
program even if the item(s) normally can’t be selected and even if items
are non-contiguous — even on-the-fly users can collect and combine info
from multiple web pages/documents/programs (MacMagic is a powerful
* MacMagic lets users instantly add notes of any length and/or time-date
stamps to anything (text, pictures, and graphics) that they either save
* MacMagic lets users instantly create their own subreports from any
database (including Quicken, FileMaker, and Now Contact to name just a
few) and from any spreadsheet (including Excel) — users even can add
their own notes of any size to their customized reports!
* MacMagic lets users instantly print, save, and edit the contents of the
Clipboard and instantly add the contents of the Clipboard to an existing
file — even when the file is closed!
* MacMagic also lets users instantly turn the contents of the Clipboard
into a new file! (MacMagic essentially gives the Clipboard an unlimited
capacity for working with users’ data and can create an unlimited number
of Clipboard files.)
* MacMagic lets users select and save or print data from any program even
when that program can’t print or save any or all of its own data!
* MacMagic enables users to automatically combine their selections —
even if they are non-contiguous — and MacMagic lets users instantly
convert any selection from anywhere into a new file or append the
selection to a pre-existing file (even when the file is closed)!
* MacMagic gives users the option of accessing its powerful tools via
customizable system-wide keyboard shortcuts which it adds to OS X!
* MacMagic adds the most innovative and powerful contextual menu on the
Mac to users’ systems. Among its many innovative features, it can be
dragged to any location, it can be kept open for multiple operations, and
it will accept dragged and dropped data (both text and pictures/graphics)!
* MacMagic provides users with unprecedented flexibility in how they can
choose to use it. Just some examples include giving users a choice of
multiple — customizable — interfaces to work with, adding a Desktop
Printer option to OS X that includes a WebSaver feature for saving
selected text and images from anywhere, and the option to use MacMagic as
an invisible background utility!
* MacMagic includes a file/folder generator that lets users both
instantly convert any data — text, pictures, and graphics — from
anywhere into a new file and add their data to a pre-exising file!
(Since MacMagic files don’t need to be open to accept this data, MacMagic
minimizes Desktop clutter and eliminates having to waste time tediously
switching between programs and copying and pasting data.)
* MacMagic eliminates the need to waste time navigating Open, Save, and
Save As dialog boxes — MacMagic automatically creates and organizes
files and folders!
* MacMagic includes powerful file management tools that let users
instantly duplicate, rename, move, delete, and backup files!
* MacMagic creates files as text files, so they can be opened by all text
editors, all word processors, and most other programs that can work with
* MacMagic includes a powerful built-in text editor that lets users work
with the data they collect from any source and that also lets users
create data from scratch — the text editor also works with
* MacMagic includes MacEase’s highly rated Print It! technology (accessed
from the Tools menu) which provides WYSIWYG (what you see is what you
get) printing. With Print It! technology, if you see it, you can print
Print It! technology also works with the Finder, so it’s easy to create
Finder lists of anything and print them — even with users’ own
customized notes added!
* MacMagic includes Save It! technology (also accessed from the Tools
menu). If you see it, you instantly can select and save it with Save It!
technology. MacMagic’s Save It! tool saves users’ info to MacMagic’s
Active File or to a new file that users can create on the fly!
* MacMagic’s Print It! and Save It! tools can be used to instantly crop
* Print It! and Save It! technology also can be used with any program’s
Print Preview function!
* MacMagic includes an Auto-Scaling feature that works with the Print It!
tool. When selecting an oversized area, the scaling guide provides a
dynamic display of the scaling value to use in the Page Setup dialog for
printing 100% of users’ selected material on a single page!
* MacMagic includes many other powerful productivity-enhancing features!
* Using MacMagic is good for the environment because it reduces
consumption of paper and environmentally unfriendly inks and toner
(MacMagic’s underlying technology has been endorsed by environmental
* MacMagic can more than double the real-world speed of users’ printers.
* The cost savings, productivity enhancements, and environmental benefits
provided by using MacMagic are multiplied for schools, businesses, and
other organizations that use many computers. (Special site license
pricing is available.)
The above examples are only some of the almost endless ways MacMagic adds
flexibility, power, control, and productivity enhancements to users’ Macs.
OS 10.2 or later (including Panther)
A free, fully functional demonstration version of MacMagic is available
The direct link to the MacMagic page where there’s additional information
about MacMagic is:
MacMagic 1.0 includes a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee and
costs only $49.95.