FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New plug-in lets you manipulate your files and folders and use file and
folder information directly from your FileMaker Pro databases.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, December 10th, 2002–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of its Troi File Plug-in
2.6, for FileMaker Pro 5 through 6.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information
outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the
computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in.
All from within FileMaker you can:
– get data out of files that are on the disk of the computer
– (batch) import pictures, sounds etc. and optionally store only a
reference to them in FileMaker Pro
– create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker
fields into them
– manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creation,
deletion, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
– query detailed information of files: the size on disk, creation and
modification dates and much more
– count the number of folders or files on a disk
– launch files with their appropriate application directly from FileMaker Pro
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “This Troi File Plug-in greatly
increases its disk handling functionality. You can now mount and unmount
remote hard disks and get more extensive disk information. Together with
Small Company we created a great image catalog template too, making it
easier for you to get started.”
Troi File Plug-in 2.6 adds these new functions and features:
– Added a MountDisk function, which can mount remote disks on a
server. On Mac OS and Mac OS X you can even mount AFP servers across
– Added the UnmountDisk function for Windows. This function is now
available on all platforms.
– Added DiskMount.fp5 example file, showing how to mount and unmount disks.
– Added new switches to the DiskInfo function. You can now:
* check if a disk is a remote network disk.
* get the total and free amount of Mb of a disk.
* get the UNC name, like “//Server/share”, from a drive letter
* get the drive letter, like “K:” from the UNC name (Windows only)
– Added a great Image Catalog.fp5 example template (together with
Small Company, http://SmallCo.net/).
– Improved Substitute function. You can now use replace strings of up
to 64000 characters (up from 1000!), making it possible to substitute
tags with much longer replacements in template files.
– Improved the Import1Image.fp5, Attribute.fp5 and GetExif.fp5 and
more example files.
– Fixed a bug in the MetaData function. The “-GetEXIF” now handles
SHORT in an EXIF format better. With some files this bug could result
in errors in the returned width, height or ISO.
– Updated the user guide.
Together with the existing functions the possibilities are virtually
limitless. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you
can do with it!
– Batch import of images, movies, sounds, text files, etc.
– Keep your database small, by storing only references to images
– Creating a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
– Updating solutions, by moving database files into place
– Reading and writing custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
– Cataloging complete projects, including pictures
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional version of Troi File Plug-in 2.6 is available for
downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi File Plug-in 2.6 works with FileMaker Pro 5 and later. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS 9.1 or later, including Mac OS X (10.1.5 or higher),
and for Windows 98/Me, Windows NT4.0 (service pack 6) and Windows 2000/XP.
The plug-in should also run without problems on any machine that is able to
run FileMaker Pro 4.0, FileMaker Pro 4.1 and runtimes from FileMaker
Developer Edition 4.0.
Licenses cost US$ 54 per user. Product updates from version 2.2 and later
are free; upgrades from older versions are available from US$ 29 per user.
Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our
web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more
information, visit our web site at: (http://www.troi.com/).