FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES SMTPIT 3.0 FINAL, A CROSS PLATFORM
FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, August 6, 2001 -- Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces
the release of SMTPit 3.0, for FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for Macintosh OS
9, Macintosh OS X, and Windows Platforms.
SMTPit is a very flexible FileMaker Pro plug-in that allows you to send
email directly from FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications.
To use it, all you will need is an email address, an SMTP server, and
FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate SMTPit into your existing solutions. A basic
knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for
SMTPit covers how to use FileMaker Pro Plug-ins, and more specifically, how
to use the SMTPit plug-in.
Jesse Traynham, company co-owner, states, "After two weeks of being in
beta, SMTPit is now ready for a Final release. We have fixed several small
bugs in the plug-in over the past two weeks, including a few bugs with the
encoding of Japanese characters. Everything is working great now."
Possible Uses of SMTPit
Because SMTPit enables you to send email directly from FileMaker, the
possibilities are countless. You can use SMTPit to send personalized email
newsletters, respond to inquiries from the web, or even integrate it into
POS solutions. Because SMTPit gives you extensible features like Email
Headers and Footers, and HTML support, you can have an even greater control
over the messages that you can send.
Features of SMTPit
- SMTPit supports normal email fields such as To, CC, BCC, From, Subject, and
- SMTPit adds support for unique Header and Footer fields in the Plain Text
Body and HTML Body of your email messages.
- SMTPit adds the ability to append to all email fields, including the
Headers and Footers, with the exception of the From field.
- SMTPit allows you to include extra Email Headers, such as "X-Mailer:
SMTPit", with your email messages.
- SMTPit allows you to attach files to your emails.
- SMTPit allows you to create HTML Emails complete with inline graphic images.
- *New* - Japanese and Central and Eastern European character support.
- *New* - Connect and Disconnect functions for Mass Email solutions.
- *New* - Status Window for showing what SMTPit is doing at all times.
- *New* - Support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro 5.5.
- *New* - Server Authentication support for logging into your mail server.
- *New* - Better multi-tasking support on Macintosh for running FMP and your
mail server on the same machine.
- *New* - New PathToDB function for returning the path to the folder
containing your database on the hard drive.
- *New* - Better Multi-part email support.
- *New* - New Developer's Versions.
- *New* - Send and Connect functions can take optional parameters to enhance
Fully Functional Demonstration version available
A fully functional 30 day demonstration version of SMTPit, along with
several example databases and full documentation, is available from our web
site listed below. Until you register your copy of SMTPit, it will show a
splash screen when FileMaker starts and it will include an extra demo
footer in all emails you send. Once you register your copy, both the splash
screen and the extra footer will disappear.
Pricing and Availability
If you purchased SMTPit after May 1, 2001, you are entitled to a free
upgrade. However, you will need a new registration number. To receive your
new registration number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name
you used on your order and we will email you a new receipt with your new
If you purchased prior to May 1, 2001, you can upgrade to SMTPit 3.0 for
the low cost of $9 for Single User Licenses and $36 for Site Licenses. You
can use our secure online purchase form to purchase the upgrade. (If you
own a Developer's License, please email email@example.com for information
on the upgrade.)
A Single User License (covers one computer at a time) for SMTPit is $65. A
Site License (covers all computers at one corporate location,
cross-platform) is $250. A Developer's License (allows you to redistribute
SMTPit, royalty free, with any one solution you make) is now available for
$780. A Single Educational/Non-Profit License is available for $45.
Licenses can be ordered from our secure web site. For information on
Educational/Non-Profit Site License discounts and Developer Licenses,
please send email to SMTPit@comm-unity.net
For more information about SMTPit visit our web site at
http://www.smtpit.com/ or http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/ or call us at
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
8652 Hwy 80 West, Fort Worth, Texas 76116
Comm-Unity Networking Systems is dedicated to bringing you quality,
cross-platform FileMaker Pro Plug-ins as well as excellent FileMaker Pro
consulting, Web Companion/Lasso Development, and custom FileMaker Pro
solutions. For more information on our company, please visit our website.