FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Automated Solutions Group Announces QuickCode Pro v4.0b11
Huntington Beach, CA - April 13, 2000: Automated Solutions Group today
announced the public beta release of QuickCode Pro 4.0b11 for the
Macintosh, the popular assistant editor for 4th Dimension. A full working
version, limited to 30 days of use, can be downloaded from
QuickCode Pro (QCP) dramatically enhances the 4th Dimension method editor
with a host of features designed to simplify and accelerate the process of
writing 4D code.
New QuickCode Pro Enhancements
- The look of the Find and Replace dialog has been changed to conform more
closely with 4D's dialog style.
New QuickCode Pro Bug Fixes
- If the 80th character of a comment was a hyphen, the word before the
hyphen was wrapped along with the hyphen. Now the hyphen and the word
before it remain where they were and subsequent characters are wrapped to
the next line.
- Whitespace at the end of a line was not properly being skipped by
- If you were typing a double-quoted string and the following line had a
double quote more than 80 characters from the insertion point, AutoQuote
would mistakenly think you had reached the 80 character limit and weirdly
break up the line you were typing.
- Using HotHelp with tables, fields or methods in version 6.0.x would cause
- If an open file other than 4D had a STR# resource with ID 2, HotHelp
would not be active.
- If a tip was showing when a toolbar tool was invoked, the tip would not
disappear until after the menu was released or the tool was finished
performing its action. Toolbar tips are now removed as soon as the mouse is
clicked or a key is pressed.
- Inserting a QuickClip would place the cursor at (the end of the inserted
text + the length of the inserted text).
- If the 4D Help file's language did not match the language of 4D,
QuickCommand would sometimes complete parameter lists incorrectly.
- If an open file other than 4D had a STR# resource with ID 2, QuickCommand
would not be active.
- The Find button in the Find and Replace dialog was always enabled when
the dialog first opened, even if there was no find pattern.
- Apple PowerPC Macintosh running System 8.1 (with Appearance Manager
1.0.1) or higher (including MacOS 9)
- 4th Dimension 6.0.3 or higher (including 4D v6.5) for the Macintosh
Pricing and Availability
QuickCode Pro v4.0 for Macintosh.......................$199.95/user
QuickCode Pro v4.0 Upgrade (registered v3.5 Owners)....$119.95
QuickCode Pro v4.0 Upgrade (registered v3.0 Owners)....$149.95
QuickCode Pro v4.0 Upgrade (registered v2.x Owners)....$149.95
QuickCode Pro must be purchased for each developer within your
organization. Site license and multiple user packages are available upon
About Automated Solutions Group
Based in Huntington Beach, California, Automated Solutions Group provides
software development and consulting services. Founded in 1989, Automated
Solutions Group develops and supports a wide variety of software
development tools to aid in the creation of custom applications for the
Macintosh and Windows platform. For more information, please visit our home
page at http://www.asgsoft.com.